The Nursing Unit Assistant is responsible for performing clerical, and reception duties within the Nursing unit. This includes assembling and disassembling patient charts, directing visitors and completing admitting functions. Qualifications
- Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program plus one year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard 50 w.p.m.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
View Hazelton Community