Northern Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient, and self-directed permanent full time Nursing Unit Clerk to support the Medical/Surgical department.
Under the general supervision of the Unit Manager, Med /Surg, receives direction from the Registered Nurse to provide relief as required on the Medical/Surgical Unit, and possibly to other nursing units within the facility as appropriate. Performs clerical duties related to the work of the Unit.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings - 08:00 to 20:00, 08:00 to 16:45, RotatingFort St. John Hospital and Health Centre
has 44 Acute Care beds and 124 residential beds and is equipped to handle 22,000 ER visits per year. Some more highlights about the hospital:
• Endoscopy suite, 2 state-of-the-art operating rooms, plus a procedure room
• Ambulatory clinics including Cancer and Hemodialysis
• Medical and Surgical inpatient rooms (40 beds)
• 3 Intensive care units
• Minor surgeries
• 7 single Maternity rooms for Labour, Delivery, and Post-Partum Fort St. John also has the Health Unit and Primary Care Clinic which serve the community.Fort St. John
is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture. Overlooking the Peace River, the town of Fort St John is located above the Peace River Valley and serves as the capital of the Peace River district. The population of Fort St. John is over 21,400 but it services an area of approximately 70,000. The community is the hub of the Northeast with a cultural centre and library, theatre, and art space. There are seven elementary schools, two middle schools, and one secondary school. There is also a Northern Lights College campus. Check out Fort St. John for more information on what this energetic community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.IMPORTANT NOTE:
As part of your application process, you will need to upload the following documentation:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Registration number (if you are part of a regulated profession)
• Any supporting documents regarding education/qualifications for this position. Examples may include:
• Program certificates or diplomas
• High school/college/university transcripts etc.
• It is also recommended to provide a cover letter and resumeQualfications
• Grade 12, medical terminology, and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program plus one year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to keyboard 50 w.p.m.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.