Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, professionalism and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Bring your clinical expertise and real passion for providing compassionate care to a challenging and rewarding Nurse Practitioner role where you can really make a difference to assigned populations.
This temporary part-time Nurse Practitioner
position in New Westminster, B.C.
Are you interested in how our staff feel about their jobs? Here is what one of our NP's has to say about their practice.
"Having Nurse Practitioner specific leadership and practice support has made a big difference for me personally and across Fraser Health. It might be cheaper to live elsewhere in BC, but I stay in Fraser Health because I can't imagine a much better work environment than this.Does this sound like the environment you want to part of?
• The responsibility and accountability for the comprehensive assessment of patients/clients/residents including diagnosing diseases, disorders, and conditions is key to this role.
• The ability to Initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribe medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits, and conditions, and employer policies and procedures. As Nurse Practitioner you will provide professional mentorship to other health providers and practices autonomously and interdependently within the context of an interdisciplinary health care team, making appropriate referrals.
• The position collaborates with patients/clients/residents and multi-disciplinary teams to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for patients/clients/residents, families and communities; develops and implements population and evidence based strategies to improve health and participates in policy-making activities that influence health services and practices. The position participates in peer review and self-review to evaluate the outcome of services at the patient/client/resident, community and population level.Would you Value?
• Prescribing drugs within regulatory scope for Nurse Practitioners and within applicable standard methodologies set by Fraser Health.
• Be involved in the ongoing care and order appropriate screening diagnostic investigations while you interpret reports of investigations and analyzes information and plan patient treatment
• Working closely with nursing, physician assistants, and surgeon in the outpatient clinic.Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have:
• Current practicing registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
• Relevant, clinical nursing experience
• Professional/Technical capabilities will include your clinical knowledge and real passion for providing quality care to that will motivate and inspire others.If this position sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
• A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields
• Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage
• Take the next step and apply. Then we can continue the conversation and explore you joining our team to provide the best possible care to the patients we serve.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strive to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.