Nurse Clinician, Regional Blood Transfusion Vancouver Coastal Health - Lions Gate Hospital, Squamish, Whistler & Pemberton
Lower Mainland Laboratories
The Regional Blood Transfusion Nurse Clinician
supports the Vancouver Coastal Health Region and is based at Lions Gate Hospital reports administratively to the Operations Director or Manager, Laboratory and Pathology Medicine and works in collaboration with Transfusion Medicine Technical Practice Lead, Transfusion Medicine Division head, and Professional Practice Leaders.
** The successful candidate will be required to travel to the North Shore Vancouver, Whistler, Squamish & Pemberton. What you'll do
What you bring
- Participate in the operational planning, process development, implementation and evaluation of sustainable standards ie. CSA Z902, Health Canada Blood regulations. Implement regional organizational initiatives related to Transfusion Medicine clinical practice(s) through established methods such as developing communication linkages and advocating on behalf of the program.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a Blood Transfusion Medicine Quality Management System; integrates and standardizes external processes and procedures related to the Laboratory Quality Management Systems utilizing process mapping techniques.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders by facilitating committee meetings to develop and execute actions plans that address deficiencies and developing communications tools to ensure awareness of initiatives and practice changes related to Transfusion Medicine throughout the organization.
- Maintain relationships with the Provincial Blood Coordinating Office (PBCO) to share information related to program development and enable compliance with established standards and liaises with the Central Transfusion Registry (CTR) regarding adverse events. Attend Transfusion Medicine Advisory Group (TMAG) meetings as required.
- Support the coordination of clinical care within the region, for the support of patients outside routine needs.
- Under the direction of the Transfusion Medicine Division Head, Transfusion Technical Practice Lead, and with relevant Nursing stakeholders, develops and maintains policies, procedures and guidelines related to the transfusion of blood products to meet relevant standards.
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Five (5) years' recent related experience within an acute care setting including one year experience in blood transfusion practice.
- Knowledge in process mapping, quality systems and education strategies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to medical/surgical transfusion practices within a tertiary level teaching hospital.
You will have the ability to:
What's in it for you
- Work independently, manager workload and competing priorities and accomplish program objectives, including the ability to problem solve.
- Use broad knowledge of evidence-based nursing practice related to clinical transfusion practices within a tertiary level teaching hospital.
- Demonstrate knowledge of blood components/products and commitment to safe transfusion practice.
- Collaborate and influence internal and external stakeholders, provide advice, guidance and education and ensure compliance with standards.
- Foster effective working relationships that promote cooperative goal achievement and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Maintain current knowledge of new developments, trends and research in transfusion medicine and recommend/implement best practices
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Regular, Part-Time (0.60 FTE)
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $43.09 to $52.82 per hour
855 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Requisition Number: 104668 What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of January 12, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.