This unique position requires an experienced acute care nurse with some Experience using computer based clinical information systems. If you are interested in providing clinical knowledge input for the design and functionality development, testing, and implementation of clinical applications to support the successful implementation, ongoing maintenance, and evaluation of Acute Care clinical applications, this may be the job for you.
Reporting to Regional Manager Acute Care Solutions and working in close collaboration with clinical and technical staff, the Nursing Analyst Clinical Systems (Acute Care) provides clinical knowledge input for the design and functionality development, testing, and implementation of clinical applications to support the successful implementation, ongoing maintenance and evaluation of Acute Care clinical applications. Participates in clinical business reviews, needs assessments, and contributes to the development of policies and processes that support use of Acute Care clinical applications in best practice models for service delivery. The Nursing Analyst Clinical Systems (Acute Care), as part of the sustainment operations team, supports the Acute Care clinical applications within NH and provides application training for staff and Physicians, utilizing clinical nursing, and system knowledge.
• Requires active drivers license and ability to travel for implementation support
• Must be able to travel for implementation support and may require adjustment of hours for implementation support to cover support shifts and travel to and from the facility
• On call rotationShift Rotation/Hours of work:
Tuesday to Friday, Days - 08:00 to 16:00Prince George
has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.Qualfications
• Graduation from an approved school in Nursing, plus two (2) years recent related experience in Acute Care nursing such as OR, Med/Surg or Critical Care/ER including one (1) year experience with the use of computer based clinical information systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience supporting end users in the use of computer based clinical information systems, and familiarity with clinical applications and workflows.
• Recent Experience in the development and delivery of training programs in a computerized client care environment.
• Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• Current valid B.C. Driver's License.Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and ability to solve problems using quality improvement processes.
• Knowledge and ability to develop and deliver training.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with others in a consultative/collaborative manner.
• Demonstrated ability to consult, plan, organize, implement and problem solve.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully facilitate workshops that achieve results.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and support staff during changes in business process and use of new tools including automated decision support tools
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and other diverse groups.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to define and achieve goals and set priorities.
• Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, as the situation dictates.
• Ability to work effectively within a multi-site environment
• Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to travel regionally and provincially
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Health Care