We have an excellent, renewable, part-time contract opportunity for an experienced Fundraising Officer with a background in coordinating galas and high level events.
The primary focus of the role will be to plan and execute this non-profit foundation's annual Gala fundraiser being held in March next year. After the Gala, you will also be responsible for organizing smaller annual donor events to help the organization cultivate and steward donors within its community.
This is a work-from-home position, although it does entail regular outside meetings, so a vehicle is required.
Planning, Budgeting, and Financial Management:
- Developing a Gala plan, budget, and detailed timelines and production schedules
- Tracking all Gala revenue and expenses
- Reporting on Gala financial outcomes, including detailed revenue analysis
Creative Theming & Programme Development:
- Developing a creative, engaging conceptual / design theme for Gala that reflects and enforces the Foundation's overall mandate and current strategic focus
- Arranging for the Gala Emcee, Auctioneer, and Keynote Speaker
- Assisting staff with the execution of the Gala theme on invitations, website, A/V, signage, etc.and media relations
Venue, Food & Beverage, Decor, and AV Logistics:
- Researching, selecting, and negotiating all venue, decor, food & beverage, A/Varrangements
- Liaising with all vendors to ensure fulfillment
- Producing and revising an overall floor plan and guest seating charts
- Coordinating guest registration
- Assisting staff and Board in promoting Gala sponsorships
- Organizing the Gala raffle, procuring silent auctions
- Organizing and training volunteer teams and overseeing their activities
- College, university, or professional certificate diploma/degree
- 2-5 years related past experience with not-for-profit fundraising and events planning
- Outstanding interpersonal, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional writing abilities
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel is essential
- Experience with Neon and Auction Tracker software is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, including details management, and a commitment to a high standard of quality
- Resourceful, with strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- A high degree of integrity, ethics, and professionalism
- A creative flair and a love of challenge
- An understanding, compassionate nature with an authentic personality
- A willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed
Remuneration open. Please send your resume in WORD format only to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.