North Vancouver Security Officer
Reference ID: 235810
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security is not only the largest security company in BC, but we're also the fastest growing company in the industry. We are currently recruiting high profile candidates to fill several openings at prestigious sites in the North Vancouver area including: ICBC, Lion's Gate Hospital, Capilano Mall, Residential Towers, Concierge roles and more!
We offer the most comprehensive training programs for all of our new employees including Basic Security Training, Occupational First Aid Level 1, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention at No Cost! We firmly believe and stand by our policy on supporting our employees by offering a variety of professional development opportunities and courses including promotion from within and supervisory/management training.
Job Skills / Requirements
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
-Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
-Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
-Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
-Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
-Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
-Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
-Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
-Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills. -Detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
-Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
-Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
-Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation. -Handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
-Present a professional image to the public.
-Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
-Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
-Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
-Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIRMENTS:
- One year experience in the security industry or related field would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Must possess a High School Diploma. An additional diploma/degree/certificate in criminology or a law-enforcement related study would be considered an asset.
- Flexibility to work at a variety of different sites and rotating shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends)
- Must be bondable and able to pass a security clearance.
- Must be 19 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in the Province.
- Basic Security Training, OFA I, or CPI training would be considered an asset, however will be provided to successful applicants.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
All LICENSED officers hired during the month of DECEMBER & JANUARY will receive a $250 cash bonus after completing their 3 month probationary period.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: December 5, 2016
Closes:February 3, 2017