Position Summary Non-Profit Portfolio ManagerJob ID: 2242Burnaby, BC POSITION SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Regional Director or the Operations Manager, the Non Profit Portfolio Manager (NPPM) is responsible for working in a collaborative partnership with housing and service providers to provide the highest quality of stable, safe and affordable housing and housing related services. The NPPM performs a varied role within an assigned area by: (1) providing consultation and support to the Boards of Directors and Executive staff of Non-Profit Societies and Cooperatives and Group Home staff regarding the effective management of their social housing properties; and (2) coordinating the delivery of contracted services for a variety of housing related programs.
The NPPM is the key relationship manager for the assigned portfolio of housing providers, and serves as the single point of contact in managing a variety of issues relating to the delivery of housing and housing related services. The position typically supervises a Financial Review & Budget Assistant, and initiates, coordinates and facilitates the provision of expertise and services of other staff including Health Services Coordinators, Senior Project Officers (Development Services), Project Technologists (Asset Strategies) and Supportive Housing staff in order to support the needs and requirements of the non-profit housing sector. QUALIFICATIONS:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or other relevant discipline, including university level courses in non-profit society management and/or social service delivery and/or property management
- Courses from the Urban Land Diploma Program - Property Management Option or equivalent; Certified Property Manager designation (CPM) through the Institute of Real Estate Management OR Real Property Administrator designation (RPA) through the Building Owners and Managers Institute ; Courses in Mediation and Conflict Resolution are considered assets
- Considerable related experience (minimum 5 years) in non-profit society management or delivery of social services and community based programs
- Considerable experience in the negotiation and management of contracts for service.
- Experience in specific areas such as services to women and children fleeing abuse, people who are homeless and people who live with mental health and/or addictions issues depending on specific position requirements.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment
- Experience in property management
OR equivalent and acceptable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
- Valid BC driver's license and a reliable vehicle required
NOTE: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check . Must have valid BC driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices associated with the delivery of government social and regulatory programs by non-profit societies and contracted community service providers
- Sound knowledge of current social issues facing tenant populations and impacting the operations of social housing societies, including homelessness, mental illness and drug addiction, domestic violence, child protection and ageing
- Ability to provide organizational development and general management expertise and educate boards and executive in the successful operation of housing societies for vulnerable people
- Ability to build successful and constructive relationships and partnerships, both externally and internally, and work together to mutually attain the objective of providing stable, safe and affordable housing and housing related services.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with housing vulnerable tenants and ability to work closely with service providers in mitigating risk
- Thorough knowledge of building structures and systems and an ability to recognize deficiencies
- Expertise and knowledge of budgeting and contracting practices
- Excellent negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills and ability to negotiate contracts, mediate disputes and resolve conflict situations
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, consultative and relationship building skills
- Ability to summarize and explain complex program information and funding requirements
- Ability to build dialogue and consensus with multiple stakeholders, often with conflicting agendas
- Ability to work together based on mutual respect and understanding of each other, and work to the highest business practice standards;
- Ability to display tact and diplomacy in dealing with a broad range of professions and community stakeholders; and be a socially sensitive administrator
- Ability to conduct reviews and audits and facilitate understanding and compliance with recommended improvement
Prior to applying, please review the Job Description here.
To apply for the role of Non-Profit Portfolio Manager
or to view the full job description and other opportunities, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers .
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume
clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing- one of BC's Top Employers for 2016
-is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Please see below for some useful information/tips regarding e-Recruit.
- Most people find answers to their questions related to e-Recruit at here where you can check out help guides and FAQs.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers . This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.
- While we may receive applications from many qualified applicants, we will only be contacting those who are shortlisted.
- Follow us on Twitter @BCHjobs to get up-to-the moment information regarding our vacancies.
- If you have any questions that are not answered in our FAQ's please contact [email protected]