GetintheLoop is building the world's most advanced mobile offers platform. We deliver real-time offers directly to the mobile phones of an app's audience, enabling local businesses to attract new customers, develop meaningful relationships, and obtain immediate in-depth data on their existing consumer preference.
GetintheLoop is the flagship product in the consumer division of Loop Media Group. Since our beginning in 2014, GetintheLoop has grown into the top-rated iOS and Android application of its kind in Canada, used by hundreds of top national and local brands. More recently, GetintheLoop has launched Canada's first-ever SaaS digital franchise known as GetintheLoop Local with over 72 franchise-run cities in operation.
We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative Node.js Software Developer to work with our Core Platform & API team. You'll work with our amazing engineering team to extend and support our core Node.js-based micro-service platform architecture. At GetintheLoop, you'll get plenty of opportunities to grow, you'll collaborate daily with other amazing engineers, and you'll play an active role in shaping our product and the future of our company.Remote Work
This position is available for remote work. You must be located in Canada, and must be within +/- 4 hours of Pacific Standard Time.
- Extend our core technology platform using the latest AWS/Serverless microservice cloud technologies
- Help build & test APIs to integrate with our Client SDKs and core consumer apps
- Automate testing and deployments to ensure correct functionality and performance at scale
- Ensure that the live operations of the platform has appropriate monitoring & alerting that allow issues to be identified and addressed quickly and effectively
- Work with latest cloud-based infrastructure tools and concepts to deliver everything above
- Participate in product and feature planning to constructively solve problems quickly and communicate the results to the rest of the company
- Report on progress and release schedules to the Technical Director, API & Platform
Required Skills and Experience
- A degree in of Computer Science or related field, with 3+ years of practical software development experience
- A solid understanding of REST principles and how they apply to network services and applications
- Experience with the basics of OO software design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and development
- Strong ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of humor
- Specific experience with any parts of our tech stack is a major plus. Core technologies for this role are Node.js, AWS Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker, Git, GraphQL.
- Startup experience and a public Github account are also both pluses
How to Apply
- Strong, collaborative team and an informal, fast-paced start-up culture
- Competitive salary, group benefits, and employee share options
- Rare opportunity to help make our platform continue to lead mobile marketing initiatives
Apply online at http://loopmediagroup.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0q5h4?cjb_hash=O_MNsZ32&apply_now=true.