We're hiring a Night Coach/Shift Supervisor at Townhall Chilliwack!
Be a part of the fastest growing hospitality company in British Columbia as recognized by Business in Vancouver. We are looking for energetic people with relevant experience to add to our team. While our exciting growth plan will create unlimited opportunity, you will be the one controlling your hospitality journey within our organization. We encourage you to be your best self and we believe our establishments are only as good as our devoted staff, many of whom have been working with us for years. Our people are fun-loving, quick-witted, warm, hardworking, involved in the community and easy to strike up a conversation with.
Job Title: Night Coach/Supervisor, Public House Division
Relationships: Partners with the General Manager (GM) and Head Chef (HC). Reports to the Head Chef (HC). Job Summary:
The Night Coach/Supervisor is responsible for all kitchen operations at their specific location in support of the Sous Chef (SC and Head Chef (HC). He or she has the autonomy to make decisions that will positively impact the business in areas of guest satisfaction and food quality and is responsible for ensuring the profitability and cleanliness of the kitchen in alignment with the HC. Further the SC is responsible for assisting the HC in staffing, training and development of all kitchen positions. Duties:
Duties of a Night Coach/Supervisor include:
• Ensuring all kitchen positions execute nightly routines and complete checklists and log out reports.
• Assisting the HC with all areas of kitchen recruitment and training, including onboarding and continued training and development.
• Assisting the HC with conducting monthly environment audits as per JRG and local health protection standards, including cooking line, prep areas, storage areas, prep halls, loading docks, exterior compounds, coolers and freezers.
• Assisting the HC with controlling food costs by reviewing portion control, minimizing waste and conducting weekly food inventory counts and variances are investigated.
• Tracking QSA's and provide follow up training and improvements.
• Assisting the HC with managing kitchen staff schedule, overtime and labour targets.
• Maintain high level food quality and presentation in accordance with organization's standard recipes and specifications. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Supervising team of 5 or more Working Conditions:
Hours and shifts may vary. Includes working evenings, weekends and holidays. Work is performed in restaurant kitchen and office environments. Qualifications:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Proficient working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Knowledge of Optimum is an asset
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Required Training and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a professional kitchen
Required licenses, certificates and registrations:
• Food Safe Level 1
• First Aid Level 1, preferred but not mandatory Company Profile:
The Joseph Richard Group is a collection of unique hospitality ventures owned by André "Joseph" Bourque and Ryan "Richard" Moreno. Our team operates 25 establishments together, constantly fine-tuning our concepts according to the needs of our guests. What sets us apart is our dedication to the Guest Experience; an unwavering commitment to exceptional service, top quality offerings, and a team of like-minded people-loving staff. Our Mission:
Creating memorable experiences for all guests through the best people, product, service, and environments.
Hospitality and Tourism Restaurants and Food Service