As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager Technology Services of the Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) within the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), the Network/Telecom Analyst conducts feasibility studies, develops specifications for complex systems, maintains operating systems and provides technical support for PHSA-wide network and telecommunication infrastructure, analyzing and diagnosing problems and formulating solutions requiring considerable knowledge of the computing environment and installing, configuring and testing hardware and software. This includes all network and telecommunications equipment such as, cabling, hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, Private Automatic Branch Exchange (PABX), voicemail in addition to components for video conferencing infrastructure. Duties include troubleshooting and resolving network and telephony issues, establishing technical standards and documentation, designing, installing, configuring and upgrading network and telephony components and monitoring network security and performance and planning infrastructure enhancements.What you'll do:
What you bring
- Conduct feasibility studies for computerization by performing tasks such as determining user department requirements, examining and identifying problems with existing systems and recommending modifications to and/or new systems. Provide details of estimated implementation costs including associated staffing requirements.
- Develop specifications for complex systems such as integrated systems which impact several functional areas within a facility by performing tasks such as:
- Gathering detailed information from user departments.
- Developing and documenting systems and procedures by designing forms, preparing flow charts and detailing hardware and software specifications.
- Preparing detailed implementation plans.
- Maintain operating systems by performing tasks such as analyzing current systems and recommending adjustments and /or new systems to improve operating activities. Develop instructional material for operating systems and operations staff.
- Resolve network and telecommunication problems by performing tasks such as analyzing and diagnosing problems, troubleshooting and formulating solutions including repairs, replacements, moves, adds and changes of equipment related to network and telecommunication operations. Escalate problems to Manager according to established protocols.
- Assist with the design, testing, documentation and implementation of PHSA-wide network and telecommunications infrastructure including the selection and installation of new technology by performing tasks such building project plans, acquiring cost estimates and working with vendors and senior PHSA IM/IT staff to implement.
- Monitor and maintain network data equipment by performing tasks such as monitoring the security of the information technology infrastructure and its components, including firewalls and remote access.
- Monitor and maintain telephony equipment including (PABX) equipment associated peripheral equipment, wide area network and circuits. Duties include carrying out related maintenance and reviewing logs to ensure high system availability.
- Respond to client cable requests by performing tasks such as installing and terminating voice and data cabling.
- Ensure telephone switch rooms, voice and data closets are kept clean and proper cable management is in place by performing tasks such as performing site reviews and providing feedback to the Manager.
- Maintain cable and telecommunications equipment inventory requirements by performing tasks such as verifying shipments and restocking equipment and various supplies.
- Assist with the set up and management of video conferences by performing tasks such as maintaining video conferencing equipment, including software and hardware upgrades, technical troubleshooting and resolution, and system documentation.
- Participate in corporate-wide backup and recovery planning and procedures for all network and telecommunication infrastructure(s) by performing tasks such as testing network redundancy, system recovery procedures and reviewing vendor maintenance contracts.
- Monitor and report on the performance of network infrastructure components by performing tasks such as responding to and resolving issues regarding performance.
- Prepare plans for network and telecom infrastructure upgrades, including evidence-based reporting on the rationale for such upgrades.
- Provide advice to project implementation teams on Information Technology standards and requirements and implementation timelines.
- Liaise with external contacts, including vendors and external partners, on issues regarding technical infrastructure such as acquiring demo equipment or quotes for new infrastructure.
- Prepare and maintain documentation such as inventory records, cable schematics, wiring closet details and systems configuration.
- Perform related duties as required.
What we bring
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science, three (3) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to write programs in a variety of programming languages.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full-Time Union affiliation:
Facilities Subsector Rate of pay:
1795 Willingdon Ave. Burnaby, BC
Open until position is filled
Hours of Work:
08:00-16:00 Number of positions:
115732E/115734EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.