We are currently looking for a Network Technician to join our team in the Vancouver Lower Mainland. The role provides Service Delivery and Assurance network test functions related to trouble analysis and resolution.
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic leaders, who are excited about technology and have a commitment to unparalleled customer service excellence. Successful candidates may be required to work various shifts (days, evenings and weekends) in a 24/7 work environment.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you meet the skills and abilities below, we encourage you to apply! Responsibilities:
You will work with appropriate areas for the implementation of hardware, software, firmware, product change upgrades and commissioning of network elements / services. You'll analyze trouble reports for network services, access various databases and switches to ensure service information is correct and available for trouble resolution. Additionally, you'll perform line testing and scoping, identify cause of trouble and take corrective action or provide details and route to others to resolve. Qualifications: Required Knowledge:
• Knowledge of network technology, architecture and elements, and an understanding of their associated interworkings.
• Knowledge of circuit wiring, transmission parameters and testing.
• Knowledge of automated provisioning, ticketing, testing and dispatch systems.
• Knowledge of maintenance practices / routines on network elements.
• Knowledge of installation and repair practices, policies, and procedures.
• Knowledge of products and services for business and residential customers.
• Must be able to understand and effectively perform work in accordance with published work plans. Required Skills & Abilities:
• Must be willing and able to work various shifts as assigned (such as evenings, weekends and statutory holidays), based on business needs.
• Ability to manage a physically demanding workload.
• Must be willing and able to work aloft
• Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
• Functional PC Skills i.e. MS Word, Internet browsers, Outlook mail system, etc.
• Demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Self-motivated, work well with minimal or no direct supervision.
• Ability to effectively handle both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions.
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
• Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
• Commit to continuous learning. Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations and complete and pass all related exams.
• Must be able to operate hand and power tools, and test equipment. Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Possess a diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant discipline (eg: telecommunications).
• CCNA certification required.
• CCNP, CCVP and/or NCDS/NCSS would be an asset. Required Experience:
• Experience in installation, maintenance, or testing /analysis of network elements (hardware and software) would be an asset. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: November 30, 2016
Closes:December 14, 2016