Closing Date: October 30, 2021
We are seeking a skilled Network Analyst to work with our TDS Network Infrastructure teams in South America!
The Network Analyst will provision, support and resolve network infrastructure issues including configuring associated hardware and software to ensure high availability, sufficient capacity, and high performance for the forecasted business demand. The Network Analyst handles tier 2 support and delivery where innovation, skill, experience, and a wide breadth of technical process ensure business requirements are met and the respective services are highly available. This demands practical experience within the disciplines of switching, routing, wireless and security. Collaborating with other network team members and proactively contributing suggestions to better meet project scope. Because the work is time-sensitive and budget-bound, excellent customer service, pragmatism and self-motivation are critical to this position.
Building and sustaining a trusted and stable network and voice infrastructure are essential for safety. Both help ensure that everyone goes home safe and healthy every day. The key skills we are seeking:
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish
- Tier 2 network support of Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches and routers
- Basic VoIP and video conferencing troubleshooting i.e. MS Teams / Teams Calling, Skype for Business, CUCM, QoS
- Network security i.e. Palo Alto, Cisco and Fortinet firewalls
- SD-WAN i.e. Viptela
- Automation using basic scripting i.e. Python, PowerShell
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide reactive support for a variety of advanced Network incidents
- Fulfill a range of Network requests within the promised timeframes
- Collaborate with network team on a variety of complex issue resolution or advanced request fulfillment
- Configuration of small sites, campus and data centre network and remote access infrastructure
- Thoroughly stress test new technology in a lab setting, document configuration, coordinate the release to production, and ensure supportable outcomes
- Clearly communicate and defend required changes to the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and IS teams
- Assess and advocate for standardization where feasible
- Working in a team to develop detailed documentation and support configuration of network technologies, including:
- Cisco routers, switches and voice gateways
- Routing protocols: OSPF, BGP
- Network QoS
- L2 switching, L2 security
- Next generation firewall (Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet) configuration, access control lists and DMZ improvements
- First HOP Gateway redundancy
- Cisco Nexus, Catalyst and core switching; support data centre-class devices and components
- IP addressing and virtual network segregation
- Network management tools (i.e. Cisco DNA, SolarWinds, etc)
- Wireless network technologies (WAP, WLC, WCS) and integration with 3rd party PKI
- Viptela SD-WAN
- VPN Remote Access
- Network access, authorization and accounting (Cisco ISE)
- Following established company practices and guidelines to ensure a healthy network infrastructure and performance
- Provide 24x7 support on an ad-hoc / as-needed basis
- Nurture excellent relationships with colleagues and vendors
- Travel to and work in remote locations nationally or internationally (including the US)
- Fluent Spanish language, both spoken and written is required
- 2-3 years supporting IS Infrastructure in a medium to large complexity corporate environment
- Excellent teammate; builds positive team relationships and works well in remote (virtual) teams
- Intermediate-level understanding of IP networking
- Meticulous with a propensity for pragmatism; strives to achieve the best outcome
- Proficient technical, analytical and troubleshooting abilities; able to handle low to high severity incidents under acute time pressures
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate optimally with technical teams of varying disciplines and business users
- Self-motivated; strives to complete responsibilities without supervision or continuous reminders
- University Degree in Computing Sciences or Technology
- CCNA, CCNP, or equivalent vendor certification(s)
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-FPOSTED Job Segment:
Network, Social Media, Cisco, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Marketing