Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is "Experience of a Lifetime"
Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove Why you'll love working in IT:
- Variety - Further your IT career in a mountain environment in a quality network environment
- Best Schedule - work nine days every two weeks, means a 3 day weekend every other weekend.
40 hours/week, full time, year-round Job summary:
- The Network administrator is responsible for maintaining all parts of network infrastructure, systems and plant. Responsibilities include:
- Support and administer WB MAN -we have an extensive network spanning both mountains, and throughout the village connected via fibre, wireless and wired connections. Predominantly we use Cisco network equipment and systems which include
- Cisco catalyst switches 2960, 3750, 9300 series
- Aruba Clearpass / 802.1X
- Aruba WLAN controller and access points
- Support and administer Firewall and VPN solution - currently using Checkpoint products.
- Support & administer WB Phone system - Mitel MiVoice 3300 system and an I3 VoIP Call centre solution.
- Support RFID lift access hardware - SkiData RFID access gates are installed at every ski lift
- Network security knowledge required - secure WB network and infrastructure in line with WB Security posture.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all network systems - and recommend improvements where applicable.
- Previous network administration experience of three or more years.
- Cisco CCNA qualification (or higher) required.
- Checkpoint firewall experience an asset
- Demonstrate our core values around Teamplay, Employee Experience, Striving to be the Best, Customer Loyalty, Honesty and Integrity, Community and Environment, Playing Safely and Financial Strength
- Recognized University Degree/Diploma majoring in Computer Science an asset
- Cabling and outdoor work is required. Must be able to lift 20kgs.
- Fibre splicing experience an asset
- Customer focused, self motivated and results orientated.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and business writing skills. Strong organization and time management skills
Reports to: IT Manager
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! ( www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb ).
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 178043
Hospitality and Tourism