NETA/NICET II/III Field Services Technician/Engineer: Harvey 2508
We are an Engineering is an electrical engineering and technical field services firm established in 1982 in Edmonton, Alberta.
Since this time, our company has grown steadily and now has offices in both North and South America and has completed projects in six continents.
Our company provides a wide range of services relating to power, lighting, and control systems including Engineering, Project Management, Field Testing & Commissioning, Design Build, Equipment Manufacturing, and Maintenance. Our full membership with NETA (International Electrical Testing Association) and various Engineering Associations reflects our commitment to providing quality services.
Our outstanding team of people are committed to delivering superior client service through practical engineering and field services solutions. We are always on the lookout for client focused, dedicated, and motivated individuals to join our team. We will provide you with the training you need to succeed and the development opportunities you need to grow.
We have an exciting opportunity for NETA II/III Field Services Technicians/Engineers to work in Albany New York supporting the State of New York with electrical field work.
Scope of work:
Provide Electrical Services for Maintenance and Repair of government buildings in Albany, NY.
Below are three main responsibilities the NETA II/III technicians will perform and coordinate with other NETA technicians.
- For the Campus there are two main National Grid transmission lines that enter the facility at 115,000 volts, which then get stepped down to 13,800 volts, which then gets transmitted to 19 buildings. At the buildings, the power is again stepped down to either 480Y/277V or 208Y/120V with the exception of building 17 (Outside) to 13.8kV to 4160/2400v.
- For the Empire State Plaza power enters from four main feeders at 34,500 volts, which is then stepped down to 13,800 volts and again stepped down at the buildings to 480Y/277V.
- There are also five stand-alone facilities in downtown Albany - Alfred E. Smith State Office Building, State Capital State Office Building, Riverfront Pumping Station, Sheridan Avenue Steam Plant, and Sheridan Avenue Emergency Power Generator Plant, which are fed at varying voltages from 15,000 to 120/208V.
- Coordinate work orders with commissioning crews and receive permits for work
- Work with the client’s planners to improve upon work orders where possible
- Coordinate to facilitate test equipment requirements
- Provide project status updates to client’s reliability team daily
- Maintain effective communication with internal and external groups regarding milestone achievements, costs, opportunities, etc.
- Escalate awareness of issues and concerns on projects within a timely manner to Client Manager and client
- Develop site strategy and adjust timelines
- Ensure leadership safety excellence is demonstrated onsite
- Responsible for site quality and document reviews
- Responsible for the safety of yourself and crew members working under your supervision
- Ensure daily work is completed as per client work orders
- Ensure documentation is completed, compiled and filed in accordance with client’s procedure
- Ensure completion and submission of all documents
- Ensure clients drawings are accurate and up to date for applicable scopes
- Complete technical reviews
- Support invoicing by ensuring signed daily reports for additional work
- Ensure all safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Participate on weekly meetings with the client and vendors
- Participate in safety meetings
- Be known as a Magna safety leader on the clients work site
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- MUST be a certified NETA II, III or NETA IV Technician/Engineer, NICET equivalent will be considered.
- 5 years’ plus of experience as an Electrical Field Technician / Electrical Field Engineer
- Hands-on field experience commissioning, testing or maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers.
- Broad knowledge in industrial and utility environments
- Trade or tech school certification required
- Electrical Engineering degree, or trade school equivalent is considered an asset
- Proven experience leading engaged and productive project teams
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to self-manage with proven initiative and client focus
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- MUST have the ability to work flexible shifts, which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Ability to travel within North and South America
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
About Albany, New York:
New York is a state in the northeastern U.S., known for New York City and towering Niagara Falls. NYC’s island of Manhattan is home to the Empire State Building, Times Square and Central Park. The Brooklyn Bridge connects Manhattan with the borough of Brooklyn. The iconic Statue of Liberty stands in New York Harbor. To the east, Long Island has beaches, the Montauk Lighthouse, the ritzy Hamptons and Fire Island.
Albany is the capital city of New York State. Downtown’s huge Empire State Plaza has reflecting pools, an art-filled underground shopping concourse and The Egg, a striking performing arts center. The plaza is bookended by the 1800s New York State Capitol and the New York State Museum, focusing on natural and cultural history. The Albany Institute of History and Art is famed for its Hudson River School paintings.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package after 3 months.
Maintenance and Technicians