NETA II/III Electrical Field Services Technician: Harvey 2506
We have an exciting opportunity for NETA II/III Field Services Technician/Engineer to work out of the Bronx office, New York - supporting our local and New York State clients with MV/LV Electrical Maintenance.
This Senior Role will report to the Regional Manager in the Bronx Office and will execute work as directed by the Project Manager.
Provide Electrical Services for Maintenance and Repair of electrical equipment at Universities, Government buildings, and other clients in the region Downstate NY region.
- Coordinate work orders with Clients and/or commissioning crews and receive permits for work
- Work with the client’s planners to review and improve work orders where possible
- Coordinate to facilitate test equipment requirements
- Provide project status updates to client’s reliability team
- Maintain effective communication with internal and external groups regarding milestone achievements, costs, opportunities, etc.
- Escalate awareness of issues and concerns on projects within a timely manner to the Project Manager and Client (when applicable)
- Develop site strategy and adjust timelines
- Ensure safety excellence is demonstrated onsite
- Responsible for site quality and document reviews
- Responsible for the safety of yourself and crew members working under your supervision
- Ensure daily work is completed as per client work orders and within the specified timeframes
- Ensure documentation is completed, compiled and filed in accordance with internal and client (where applicable) procedures
- Ensure completion and submission of all documents
- Ensure clients drawings are accurate and up to date for applicable scopes
- Complete technical reviews
- Support invoicing by ensuring signed daily reports for additional work
- Ensure all safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Participate in meetings with the client and vendors
- Participate in safety meetings
- Be known as a Magna safety leader on the clients work site
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- MUST be a certified NETA III or NETA IV Technician/Engineer, NICET equivalent will be considered and will be supported in obtaining NETA Accreditation.
- 5 years’ plus of experience as an Electrical Field Technician / Electrical Field Engineer
- Hands-on field experience commissioning, testing and/or maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers.
- Broad knowledge in industrial and utility environments
- Electrical Engineering Degree, Trade or Tech school certification required
- Proven experience leading engaged and productive project teams
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to self-manage with proven initiative and client focus
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- MUST have the ability to work flexible shifts, which may include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Ability to travel within North and South America
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
About Bronx, New York:
New York is a state in the northeastern USA, known for New York City and towering Niagara Falls. NYC’s island of Manhattan is home to the Empire State Building, Time Square and Central Park. The Brooklyn Bridge connects Manhattan with the borough of Brooklyn. The iconic Statue of Liberty stands in New York Harbor. To the east, Long Island has beaches, the Montauk Lighthouse, the ritzy Hamptons and Fire Island.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open, depending on current experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months
Maintenance and Technicians