Morning Show Anchor
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for a full time Morning News Anchor to join our team.
This role is so much more than simply reading the news - we're looking for an engaging storyteller with a passion for breaking news. If you are a strong on-air performer, excited by the idea of having multiple platforms on which to tell stories and are committed to building a positive work culture...this role is for you! What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Anchor radio newscasts on our popular morning show in an engaging and entertaining way, while maintaining credibility as a news person
- Collaborate with our talented team of journalists to find the most compelling stories
- Find ways to tell those stories effectively on multiple platforms, with a special emphasis on audio storytelling and writing
- Contributeoriginal story ideas which leads to riveting content that you produce yourself
- Support your teammates by helpingwith all areas of the editorial process, from pitch to publish
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition
- Focus on telling storieson audio formats, while also contributing to digital and TV programming
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A passion for storytelling - you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- A developed sense of what kinds of stories Vancouver wants and needs to hear, with attention to our diverse communities
- Curiosity and a desire to push beyond the surface of news stories, and challenge the status quo
- An understanding of the needs of a 21stcentury, multi-platform newsroom
- A willingness toput the team first, and an ability to work in service of a larger goal
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- Willingness to work evenings on a regular basis, in addition to some weekends and holidays
- A competitive salary and benefits that include 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A newsroom environment where you will be heard and supported, and where you can bring your whole self to work
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Access to all the gear you need to do your job
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & News Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Vancouver, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology