Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Join the Frontlines of Security Excellence with Paladin! Watch our video to uncover the thrilling world of security careers and take the first step towards safeguarding the future. Your journey with Paladin begins here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U4Gn6Mzc_s Job Skills / Requirements
POSITION: Mobile Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Security Programs Manager
Pay Rate : $22/hour
Shift : 0900-1700 5 days/weekMISSION STATEMENT:
The Mobile Supervisor is responsible for ensuring day-to-day business in the department is conducted in a safe and efficient manner at the direction of the Security Programs Manager by: providing oversight and guidance to the Mobile team (coaching, recognition and corrective action), conducting audits, scheduling, participating in mobile billing, setting up new operations, working with vendors, officer training, light equipment maintenance, preparing reports and other tasks as assigned periodically.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Provide direction, motivation, and ongoing training to the Mobile team by setting positive examples and conducting probationary and yearly reviews.
• Provide documented, critical feedback and coaching to Mobile Officers either during their shifts, or at shift change each day.
• Ensure the completion of a Mobile Department Orientation for every officer currently working on shift.
• Ensure all standing post orders and scheduled daily activities are being performed/followed properly by the Mobile team.
• Recognize exceptional performance by Mobile Security Officers and issue accolades were due.
• Participate in progressive disciplinary meetings with Mobile Security Officers and the Security Programs Manager as required.
• Ensure memos, and notes are signed off regularly by the Mobile team, hold individuals accountable for this process and escalate, as necessary.
• Assist in the investigation of security incidents and provide necessary details through proper chain of command for follow-up with stakeholders.
• Able to respond to alarms, delegate additional tasks to the mobile team, and conduct (or delegate) hourly check-ins.
• Be available for emergency activities such as critical shift vacancies and special coverages.
• Assist in maintaining, changing, and increasing the efficiency of the Mobile runs with the Security Programs Manager.
• Help organize and facilitate monthly Mobile meetings and bring talking points related to improving the department.
• Remain available after-hours to act as a resource for emergency incidents.QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience
• Applicants must have a minimum of 1 years' experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity, preferably in a security setting, or a combination of experience and relevant experience and education.
• Applicants must have a valid Security license.
• Applicants must also have a valid class 5 driver's license.
• The successful applicant will be willing to join industry professional associations and have a desire to learn through professional certification processes.
• Must have working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on building codes, security, and protection of privacy.Skills and Abilities
• Ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
• Proven ability to effectively supervise and manage people.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to groups.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid BC Security Licence
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
OFA IAdditional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Educational Assistance
This job reports to the SPM
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Law Enforcement and Security