We're looking for a great developer. We build mobile systems for small businesses as well as Forestry customers. We have a wide range of projects and we are constantly learning new techniques to keep our customers happy. We are a small company with big plans to use new technology in Forestry. We're focused and ambitious but not mad crazy. You'll appreciate the flexible hours and office atmosphere.
We're based in Salmon Arm, right on the beautiful Shuswap Lake with white sandy beaches, great recreational opportunities all year round such as hiking, mountain biking, hockey, curling, skiing (water, cross country, downhill, backcountry). You'll enjoy a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle with a minimal commute time. Despite it's small town feel, Salmon Arm provides an active cultural life - Arts, Theatre, Dance Studios and Music - including the huge Roots & Blues festival every summer. It's a great place to raise a family and enjoy premium access to the outdoors at an affordable price.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience with iOS or 3+ years experience on mobile or web platform.
- Meticulous coding skills - to handle all the use cases.
- Testing skills - capable of delivering fully debugged software.
- Self directed and comfortable in a small town.
- Engineering attitude - not willing to bend the truth. It's either right, wrong or unknown.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Working knowledge of source control and issue tracking / project tracking tools.
- Social - you enjoy working with team members and adding some fun to your day.
- Outspoken, positive and always willing to look for a solution.
- Web technologies - ideally Python and Django experience.
- Knowledge of the Forest Industry.
- Able to work unsupervised and follow directions.
- Articulate - capable of summarizing a complex technical issue into a summary.
If you believe you would be great at this job and you meet the minimum requirements then please forward your resume. We're happy to pay more for candidates who have more than the minimum qualifications.
We are most interested in the person who fits our small town situation and interested in long term employment. Excellent development skills and experience are more important than specific numbers. We look forward to hearing from you!How to Apply
Please email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org