Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Job Description Summary
Obtain residential mortgage business and place those customers within the TD branch network.
The MMS is accountable to retain and expand client and partner relationships. They establish mortgage development initiatives to target referrals from realtors, builders, financial planners, and other quality centers of influence to build a pipeline of business.
Develop and deepen the banking relationships of new and existing customers and provide them with appropriate products and services to address their mortgage lending needs in support of the end to end complete customer journey strategy.Job Description CUSTOMER
- Identify client life and financial goals, potential barriers, provide recommendations, and ongoing relationship / portfolio management
- Identify opportunities to refer clients to Partners (i.e., across Wealth, Retail, Small Business Banking, Commercial)
- Provide ongoing comprehensive reviews of clients' financial circumstances and create long-term relationships by providing financial planning expertise and ongoing services.
- Create a legendary customer experience at every interaction and deliver a positive "First Impression'" by engaging customers in a range of sales, service and informational conversations
- Provide sound advice to customers and look for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall customer experience
- Support ONE TD by identifying and referring customers to internal Bank partners as appropriate
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the real estate market, competitive offers in mortgage lending industry, and economic trends
- Proactively obtain expert knowledge of TD mortgage lending products and sound knowledge of products
- Ensure customer problems are handled professionally, escalating issues to management when necessary
- Build and exhibit sales skills and credit knowledge and partner effectively within TD's employee-focused culture
- Work closely with District Manager to make sales calls and conduct monthly coaching sessions
EMPLOYEE / TEAM
- Contribute toward the achievement of sales and business development objectives by meeting or exceeding individual monthly sales targets of mortgage products and services
- Proactively promote TD's image within the business community through participation and leadership in community business groups, professional networking events, initiatives, fundraisers, etc.
- Support the development and implementation of reporting and processes in a compliant manner, adhering to guidelines established by business unit leadership, internal and external advisors, Audit, Risk, OSFI, and other governing bodies
- Understand the market and mortgage lending industry within portfolio, to ensure value-added reporting and analysis is provided to your team and partners while mitigating risk to the Bank
- Consistently exercise discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality
- Protect the interests of the organization - identify and manage risks, and escalate non-standard, high risk activities as necessary
- Monitor service, productivity and assess efficiency levels within own function and implement continuous process / performance improvements where opportunities exist
- Adhere to internal policies/procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines and keep abreast of emerging issues, trends and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
- Complete all compliance training and attestations within required timelines
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and Industry Codes of Conduct
Additional Information BREADTH & DEPTH
- Participate fully as a member of the team, promote service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues / points of interest
- Support the team by continuously enhancing knowledge/ expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
- Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
- Actively participate in the performance management process in support of own personal and professional development objectives, including coaching sessions
- Contribute to a fair and positive working environment that supports a diverse workforce
- Participate in team meetings, employee surveys, action planning, and training sessions
- Contribute to the success of the team by willingly assisting others in the completion of assigned duties, provide training, coaching and/or guidance as appropriate.
- Act as a brand ambassador for your business area/function and the bank, both internally and/or externally
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Professional role with a focus on providing business development, customer relationship management and/ or sales advisory support within their own area of specialty
- Requires expanded knowledge of products/services and key competitors
- Understands key business and customer drivers and processes in the context of own work
- Identifies referral opportunities at increasing levels of complexity
- Sound knowledge of assigned customers' needs, the competitive landscape and broader market factors
- Coordinates activities and timelines across multiple teams to ensure customer needs are met
- Executes a moderately complex sales or account management process, focusing on "features" selling and customer data gathering
- Investigates and analyzes possible alternative solutions and approaches based on documentation of the customer fact pattern
- Impacts sales achievement of their own and related teams
- Simplifies information to customers, clarifies unique situations and leads coordination of information to ensure service and standards are met
- Work performed under management guidance and supervision
- May identify and contribute to problem resolution
- Generally reports to a Manager or above
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma
- Minimum 3 years of experience working directly in a client facing, sales or relationship focused role
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Sales and Marketing