Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Director, Autonomous Solutions and Mining Technology Operations, the Mining Technology Product Specialist will be site based and will provide expertise in training and ongoing technical support in order to assist the team and customers, as well as mentoring coworkers on the use and operation of Mining software and hardware technologies.
The successful candidate has worked in Mining Operations and will provide advanced troubleshooting of the software and hardware for major fleet management systems including Fleet, Terrain, Site Aware/DSS and will work to develop their skills in other systems. You also bring an in depth understanding of best practices for dispatching based on equipment constraints.
The role will be responsible for customer optimization that includes coordinating technology upgrades, supporting the installation and expert level troubleshooting in their area of expertise. This role will also liaise with experts at CAT to troubleshoot and optimize Minestar and driver safety technology products and be responsible to communicate any product changes or improvements to the dealer as understand any impacts to our processes.
As a Mining Technology Product Specialist, you will be advising other technical engineers and have a key advising role in making decisions and providing support, both the office and onboard.
We look forward to you joining our team!Job Description: Customer troubleshooting/Technology Support
- Customer Technical Support for both Minestar and Caterpillar suite of products with focus on a specific product.
- Support the Updates/Upgrades at the specific customers operation
- Manage the calibration and commissioning of new/existing equipment
- Machine Measure Up and Validation
- Identify and troubleshoot product issues and take appropriate actions to repair and resolve issues in a cost-effective way, to minimize customer downtime. This may include, but not be limited to, making recommendations to customers for corrective actions.
- Document any findings, resolutions or improvements. Create new and review existing documentation as well as provide expert feedback on documentation/procedures created internally and by customers.
- Configuration Management of Fleet/Terrain/Site Awareness/DSS
- Supporting different Operational, Mine Planning and Maintenance teams on the MineStar product
Customer and end-user product training
- Ensure that Customer and Finning training needs are met to support the Mining Technology workforce in their area of expertise.
- Manage projects with customer to deliver upgrades, calibrations and troubleshooting as promised
- Consult on ongoing issues in the product installation, support lifecycle.
- Manage and report out on the top customer issues
- Reports back on product failure trends and serviceability issues.
- Identify customer training requirements to develop and deliver tailored product training to end-users and customers. May also be involved in implementation and deployment of technology solutions to customers.
- Internal mentoring and training - Provide product and process training to team members.
- Responsible for product knowledge and communication between CAT and end user.
- Develop Best Practices and Documentation to support the Operations, Maintenance and Reliability of the Equipment and MineStar System.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a technical role with a focus on providing solutions for customers
- Minimum 2 years of field experience in a technical role
- Post-secondary education in fields such as: Computer and Information Systems, Computer Engineering Technology, Business/Commerce, Mechanical, Reliability Engineer or Heavy Equipment Technician (HET)
- The successful candidate will be an expert user in major fleet management systems including Fleet, Terrain, Site Aware/DSS) and will work to build their skills in the other systems
- Experience in Mining Operations is an asset
- Knowledgeable in GPS/GNSS networking
- The successful candidate has a good understanding of best practices for dispatching based on equipment constraints.
- Formal training in training and presentation techniques.
- Experience with asset management technology solutions would be an asset
- Knowledge of various office programs MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Automation in mining has expanded dramatically in the last decade. But the building blocks to get there started being put together long ago with Caterpillar's first autonomy program over 30 years ago. Today, Caterpillar has automation offerings for both surface and underground mining.
Finning, the largest Caterpillar dealer worldwide, and a leader in the mining world is partnered with Caterpillar to innovate, evolve and expand autonomous mining offerings that will positively impact the customer experience. At Finning we will continue to invest in cutting edge training for our employees to ensure they are apprised of new developments in the autonomous technology for our customers benefit.
This game changing development has translated into new employment opportunities at Finning for mining professionals who are digitally literate, along with having strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively and critically. The timing could not be better to join Finning as automation in the mining world evolves and to embrace a new career path.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.