Highland Valley Copper
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor in Mine Operations the Mine Technician position will be primarily responsible for field updates within the Autonomous Operating Zone (AOZ).Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures;
- Perform routine and planned jobs including data collection, digital mine surface updates (i.e. dumps, loading areas, infrastructure, roads, etc), validations of virtual environment updates with the Autonomous Operating Zone (AOZ);
- Support Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) Builder Supervisor responsibilities with virtual environment updates as assigned (i.e. static and dynamic lane creation, system optimization, etc.);
- Support with autonomous mining truck (AMT) stoppages, dump progression updates as well as field observations and truck performance;
- Pilot non-compliant vehicles throughout the AOZ;
- Provide assistance to Mine Engineering.
- Completion of a Mine Technician Diploma program or a Degree Program with relevant fields from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Minimum 2 years' experience, preferably in open pit mining;
- Strong computer skills particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Database, Windows);
- Knowledge of Vulcan and MineStar and / or experience with autonomous haulage technology would be an asset;
- Experience using GPS, GIS and CAD systems;
- Strong verbal and written skills;
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
We offer the chance to live and work in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources .Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Auto Technician, Geology, GIS, Mining, Automotive, Engineering, Technology
Construction, Mining and Trades