About Centerra Gold
- Become a valuable addition to Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a competitive annual salary, plus excellent benefits
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra’s vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website.
About Mount Milligan Mine
Located approximately 155 kilometres northwest of Prince George in central BC, the Mount Milligan Mine is a conventional truck-shovel open-pit copper and gold mine and concentrator with a 60,000 tpd capacity copper flotation processing plant.
Mount Milligan operates with comfortable camp accommodations equipped with private washrooms, TV, Wi-Fi, an onsite gym, and other recreational activities. Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region.
Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Scheduler: Mine Maintenance to join our Mount Milligan Mine onsite team. This is a camp-based position, with a rotation of 4 days on / 3 days off, with a 10-hour daily schedule. The position is based at the mine, with camp accommodations provided.
Reporting to the Senior Planner: Mine Maintenance, the Scheduler: Mine Maintenance will be focused on providing support to enhance the effectiveness of the mine operations and maintenance teams at the Mt Milligan mine.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the weekly asset management schedules are communicated and distributed to all those affected.
- In the event that a scheduled event affects another department, he/she will coordinate the shutdown with those affected.
- Meets with Superintendent and Supervisor to review backlog commitments.
- Ensures that all necessary resources are available prior to scheduling a job.
- Generates a weekly work schedule.
- Maintains and updates backlog to insure accuracy.
- Maintains a backlog list for execution during “windows of opportunity”.
- Updates equipment history and equipment component tracking.
- Works with the Planners, Supervisors, Crew members/Technicians and Reliability Engineers to ensure equipment improvement activities are occurring.
- Ensures that all department work performed is done in a safe manner and that all work areas are maintained to meet or exceed all local, state or province and federal safety and environmental laws and regulatory acts.
- Publishes the 3 week rolling schedule for hand off to Planners for current week.
- Update work order statuses to reflect parts readiness.
- Work through the mine site’s established procurement procedures to obtain materials.
- Coordinate closely with the maintenance planner, providing feedback to create accurate work packages, including your perceived need for additional materials to complete tasks.
- Coordinate with purchasing for buying and expediting needs and warehouse personnel regarding deliveries, spare parts availability and task package preparation.
- Aiding the planning team to create and refine parts BOMs for standard and PM jobs.
To qualify for the Scheduler: Mine Maintenance role, you must have:
About the Benefits
- 3-5 years of varied maintenance experience within the mining industry, or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the operation.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use integrated maintenance management systems.
- SAP experience an asset.
- Management of special projects and sub-contractors.
- Competent with MS Office software including MS Project.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter and high performance attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work ethic and a strong attitude towards safety are essential requirements.
As a valued member of Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance required for travel
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored pension with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Reimbursements on work gear and equipment
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!
Administrative Construction, Mining and Trades