Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
Viterra is seeking a Millwright at our Cascadia Terminal in Vancouver. This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair and troubleshooting of industrial grain handling and cleaning machinery. Mechanical equipment includes material handling equipment such as screw, drag, leg and belt conveyors, and grain cleaning equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and checks on mechanical equipment.
- Operates rigging equipment and dollies to place and move heavy machinery and parts.
- Fits bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts.
- Uses plasma cutting and welding equipment for fabrication of small parts required during maintenance.
- Maintains pollution control systems, dust collection and control systems, air-slides, grain spouting, material blowing, and other air systems.
- Maintains large vertical and horizontal conveying systems and their associated drive systems including transmissions, couplings, bearings, etc.
- Performs lubrication and oil replacement for conveyors, wheels, rollers, bearings, reducers, etc. Maintains and replaces auto-lubrication equipment.
- Must be a certified Journeyman Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) with an Interprovincial Red Seal certification.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an industrial setting or comparable service work in the industry. Knowledge of industrial machinery including grain handling and cleaning equipment would be an asset.
- Willing to work a 24 hour shift schedule.
Construction, Mining and Trades