Closing Date: January 27, 2022
Reporting to the General Supervisor, Mill Maintenance, the Supervisor, Mill Maintenance is responsible for the oversight of daily mechanical maintenance tasks in the crushing, grinding, flotation, filtering/drying, and leaching areas of the milling complex. This role is responsible for ensuring safe work practices while promoting a culture of safety and providing a high level of leadership and motivation to crews of Millwrights, Welders, and associated union trade groups. The successful candidate may be required to work shift-work.
To be successful we are looking for someone with excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills who can build relationships across multi-disciplinary teams. This role requires a self-motivated individual who is driven to produce results and strive for continuous improvement, while handling contending priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Advanced analytical, planning and scheduling, organization, problem-solving and decision-making abilities are vital.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C which provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment through compliance with Teck's Health & Safety Program and the BC Mines Act
- Lead and hold employees accountable in achieving maintenance goals and enhance employee work performance and productivity through coaching and feedback
- Administer the collective agreement, safety, mine, and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with policies and procedures
- Participate in industrial relations and safety investigations, as required
- Direct the troubleshooting of equipment failures to determine root cause and initiate appropriate remedial action
- Oversee quality maintenance and repair of mine equipment to improve availability and reliability for production
- Execute daily and weekly work schedules to ensure work is completed on time and on budget through usage of Short Interval Controls (SIC)
- Collect and analyze work delay codes to identify challenges to timely completion of scheduled jobs, and work with available resources to reduce delays
- Assist with the development of the 14-day schedule and the long range plan by providing feedback to the Maintenance Planner
- Ensure preventative maintenance compliance and that repair history is properly documented
- Assist in sourcing and requisitioning maintenance supplies, equipment, and services within budgeted guidelines
- Work with the General Supervisor to determine need for overtime and contractors based on maintenance load; supervise contractors as assigned
- Use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as PM compliance, schedule compliance, and break in work as tools to improve maintenance execution
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
- Recognized trade qualification as a Millwright, Welder, Machinist, Pipefitter, or qualifications as a Mechanical Engineer
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge and understanding of planning and scheduling principles and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; working knowledge of a computerized maintenance management system
- Possess a valid driver's license
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Manager, Social Media, Sustainability, Mechanical Engineer, Management, Marketing, Mining, Energy, Engineering
Management and Executive