Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to work for one of British Columbia's top employers? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading!
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.Build on your education and experience as you:
• Provide treatment and support for complex situations to clients and natural supports including people in crisis, collaborating with them to develop and implement treatment options and plans.
• Provide individual and group therapy, and family support, using a variety of interviewing, supportive counseling, and assessment methods.
• Share responsibility amongst the team for distributed workload to manage cases, formulate recovery plans and goals, crisis intervention, assist with home visits, run groups, and outreach to clients as required.
• Makes necessary arrangements for clients to be admitted to hospital when required, including on an involuntary basis, by acquiring background information, making initial assessments, ensuring completion of appropriate forms, and making necessary phone calls to appropriate parties.To join the organization we require you to have:
• Master's Degree in Social Work, Counselling Psychology or other relevant social or health sciences discipline
• Two (2) years' recent, related experience working with clients and families with, or affected by, mental illness and substance use disorders
• Eligible for registration with relevant professional association
• Valid Class V British Columbia driver's license and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposesIf this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
• A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
• Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
• An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation!
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
We recommend you like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.