Regular Full Time
Wage: $24.38 - $26.42 per hour
3405 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5G 3H4
The Mental Health and Addictions Support Worker provides support services to clients who are seriously affected by substance use and/or mental health problems. In this role, you will:
Qualifications You have:
- Monitor clients in accordance with treatment objectives; observe behaviors and symptoms and document observations in accordance with standard procedures.
- Recognize anticipated/unanticipated client responses to the recovery process; provide verbal reports on changes in client's appearance, behavior, and/or health.
- Participate in the admission, case planning, and discharge process for clients by methods such as conducting interview with client and family to identify and assessing client's needs.
- Establish rapport with clients based on respect; provide emotional support and supportive counseling, assist with problem solving day to day matters/issues of living, managing behaviors and self care/personal hygiene, etc.
- Recommend/discuss changes to treatment goals with Counsellors.
- Assist clients with daily living activities including time management, organization and interpersonal communication.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You have the ability to:
- A diploma from a recognized Social Services Support Worker educational program.
- Two (2) years' recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A valid B.C. driver's license.
- Access to the use of a personal vehicle that is required for local area travel.
You have knowledge of:
- Demonstrate and assist client with development of health life skills.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Deal effectively with conflict situations, manage aggressive behavior, and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioral management techniques.
- Work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Work with a culturally diverse population.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
- The principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Community, social and health resources.
- Substance misuse and of problems encountered by chemically dependant individuals; basic understanding of behavior management.
- Mental health issues and treatment.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now"
button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 15, 2019
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day. About Us:
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS)
provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across the province. These include services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital and six regional clinics, the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, and Heartwood Centre for Women. In addition to delivering these clinical services, BCMHSUS provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: health promotion and illness prevention; knowledge exchange; and research and academic teaching.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
For more information on all that PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the program you are interested in, please visit the website BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services at: www.bcmhsus.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Labor Agreement Community Subsector Requisition # 89530-2333964 Work Site 28- 3405 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby Job Type Regular, Full-Time Salary/Rate $24.38 - $26.42 / Hour FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 0700-1900/1900-0700 Work Days Rotating Expiry Date 07-Dec-2019