Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), Victoria Job Type:
Part-Time Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the opportunity?
Our brand revolves around helpfulness. In addition, our in-branch Member Service Representatives bring our brand to life.
In this role, you will put members first and find solutions based on their unique financial needs. That's why we're looking for thoughtful, warm and welcoming folks who know to stop just short of actually hugging the customers. So much more than a teller, our Member Service Representatives do a lot. They cash cheques, pay bills, handle deposits and transfers, while always being on the lookout for new value-add opportunities that meet the member's needs.
If you have the self-motivation to deliver an exceptional member experience while thriving in a goal oriented environment, you can also build a great career with us as a future Member Banking Specialist or Relationship Manager. What you'll get to do:
Who are we looking for?
- Perform a juggling act balancing a friendly sales and service approach with demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify opportunities to deepen member relationships and solve problems.
- Build relationships with members in branch and deliver an outstanding member experience by meeting their initial needs and identifying future opportunities through money chats and so much more!
- Demonstrate your knowledge of technology through educating members on our alternate channels (online banking and mobile platforms) to deliver a memorable member experience
- Act as a team player by contributing to team results through listening, spotting opportunities and partnering with other Coast Capital team members to best meet our members financial needs
- Continue to build a strong understanding of how Coast Capital Savings assists in providing financial well-being to our members
- Create a positive member experience by proactively taking ownership of resolving and preventing member banking issues
- Play a detective's role by keeping a watchful eye for counterfeit money and fraudulent activities
- Experience helping customers in a retail environment for a minimum of one year where you used your x-ray vision to spot sales and referral opportunities. If you have proven success working with sales objectives in your previous roles, well that's a bonus.
- You are passionate about positively impacting not only your members but their communities as well.
- You are excited to share with the world what you learned during your post-secondary education in finance, business administration or a related field. And you aren't done learning; you have a desire to know more.
- You excel at building relationships with a wide variety of people and want to help them with simple financial help.
- You are a big fan of team work and demonstrate your team spirit every day.
- You are a multi-tasking master, able to efficiently and effectively prioritize and organize what needs to get done.
- You have great verbal and written English. And if you speak Mandarin, Cantonese or Punjabi as well, that would make our day. Maybe even our week.
- You are tech savvy and comfortable sharing your knowledge with your members.
- Flexibility is key; our branches can be open Mondays to Saturdays from 9:30 to 7:00, so be prepared to happily work a variety of hours, including evenings and Saturdays
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.