Member Services Assistant #3538-K
Our client, a non-profit organization located in Burnaby, is looking for an outgoing and detail oriented administrative professional to join their team!
The Member Services Assistant requires exceptional attention to detail when entering and overseeing thousands of records of data related to membership purchases and renewals, exam, training and event registrations, and other transactions into the customer relationship management system, and providing accurate and timely data and reports to office staff.
Who you are!
If you have a passion for the environment, and are looking to make a meaningful difference with an organization focused on public health, then this is a great opportunity for you! The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, exceptional time management skills and is highly organized. As the primary point of contact for all members, strong customer service skills are also critical in this role.
Where is it based?
- Provide front-line response and proactive phone outreach to customers regarding membership and the organization’s programs and services.
- Provide customer support for purchases and registrations; this includes entering data and payment information into the organization’s customer relationship management system, preparing and distributing invoices and receipts, enrolling customers in online classes and events, publishing job postings, and following-up on receivables.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure that payments and receivables are accurately reflected in the organization’s customer relationship management and financial accounting systems.
- Provide registration support for the Annual Conference & Trade Show as well as workshops and mini-conferences; this includes preparing registration packages and lists and responding to attendee and exhibitor inquiries.
- Prepare and provide accurate data, reports and lists for staff on customers, programs and services using the organization’s customer relationship management system.
- Perform a variety of office administration and program support functions including:
- Ordering office supplies.
- Other duties related to the achievement of BCWWA’s goals and strategies.
- Answering phone, fax, email, and in-person inquiries.
- Processing and directing incoming mail and email; verifying follow-up as required.
- Coordinating courier deliveries and mass mail-outs.
- Ensuring basic health and safety needs for the office are met (training provided).
- 2+ years of related experience, preferably in a membership-focused environment.
- Experience providing front-line response to customers.
- Experience using Dynamics CRM software is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of mathematic and finance principles.
- Knowledge of best practices for data management.
- Proficient with Dynamics CRM or a similar customer relationship management software.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent customer service skills – listens to customer needs and responds in a positive and proactive manner.
- Excellent time management and priority setting skills – able to plan and manage workload so that deadlines are met.
- Highly organized – can always find what is needed when it is needed.
- Exceptional attention to detail – driven to always get it “right” and takes pride in providing accuracy in all work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – listens and understands; shares ideas or concerns with others clearly and effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills – accurately assesses problems, and efficiently identifies and implements solutions.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ https://expertrecruiters.secure.force.com/ExpertRecruiters with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Katherine Wu, Recruitment Consultant or Darcia Bower, Managing Director, quoting reference #. If you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this opportunity please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.