Medical Transcriptionist - Royal Columbian Hospital, LM Labs
Transcribe medical dictation and perform secretarial duties for Histopathology including typing various material, answering incoming calls, setting up and maintaining filing systems.
In this role, you will:
- Enter patient demographics, specimen description and results in computer system.
- Transcribe medical dictation such as Autopsy, Surgical and Bone Marrow reports, medicolegal consultation reports, etc. from dictation equipment and/or written draft. Print out reports and distribute as appropriate.
- Type material such as correspondence, papers, lectures, procedure manuals, memoranda, letters, reports, etc. from dictation equipment or hand-written draft, as assigned.
- Open mail and distribute. Answer incoming calls, take messages, answer enquiries or refer as appropriate.
- Set up and maintain filing systems including reports, slides, etc.
- Perform related clerical duties such as photocopying, forwarding slides as requested, and filing.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Grade 12 graduation
- Graduation from a recognized program in medical transcription
- One (1) year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You also have the ability to:
If this sounds like you, apply now! About Us Lower Mainland Laboratories
- Keyboard at 60 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Deal with others effectively
- Organize work
- Operate related equipment
- Physically perform the duties of the position
is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
, responsible for providing public laboratory services throughout the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Hospital-based laboratories in Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, Providence Health Care and PHSA provide both inpatient and outpatient laboratory services. These specialty laboratories provide a variety of reference and specialized testing.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
- Temporary, Part-Time (0.50 FTE until December 2020)
- Wage: $23.26 Hourly
- Rotating Day; Rotating Daytime Hours
- 330 E Columbia St, New Westminster, BC V3L 3W7
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 8, 2019. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.