Medical Stenographer Clerk
Abbotsford Regional Hospital, BC What you'll do
What you bring
- Transcribe medical dictation such as histories, consultations and physicians' reports from dictation equipment and/or rough draft.
- Copy and distribute reports and correspondence as required.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as booking appointments, answering the telephone and maintaining files and records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Graduation from an approved program in Medical Transcription.
- One (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You will have the ability to:
What we bring
- Type 60 wpm.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
$24.20 per hour
32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford BC, V2S 0C2
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 7:15 - 15:15 / 8:00 - 16:00 / 9:00 - 17:00
Requisition Number: 108478 What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories. LML is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and LML are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.