Physician Office Assistant—Full-Time Position
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: This is a full-time position in a multi-physician specialty office within a hospital setting.
JOB START DATE: as soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualification and experience
· Provide clerical support to the specialist(s) of the HIV/AIDS and Infectious Diseases Clinics at St. Paul’s Hospital
· Maintains and book appointments, referrals accordingly
· Handle confidential information such as lab results, medico-legal correspondence, etc.
· Use of SCM, Access Manager, Excelleris and Cerner electronic systems (intra-hospital systems)
· Familiarity with billing practices (i.e.: MSP, Colleges, insurance agencies, etc.)
· Communicate effectively and timely with patients, physicians, hospital departments, other province-wide referring physicians, hospitals and agencies etc.
· Work with other physician office assistants and health providers within the clinic environment to ensure efficient operation of all clinics
· Well-organized, detail-oriented
· Ability to multi-task
· Work with minimal supervision and work cooperatively with thelinic (JRC) and Research Staff
This position is responsible for access, collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (RSBC 1996) and other institutional privacy and security policies. This position requires employees to work under strict confidentiality requirements, and internal procedures and policies to protect personal information must be followed. Adherence to these requirements will be regularly reviewed by the employer.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of office/hospital and community clinic management
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Experience with electronic medical records software and platforms preferred
· Advanced skills using a variety of computerized software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to keyboard at 50 WPM
· Ability to work in a team environment and prioritize workload
· Ability to deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner
· Ability to exercise tact and discretion
· Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. This includes the ability to compose routine correspondence and other material, using clear, concise business English
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
· High school diploma or GED required
· MOA certification required from a recognized institution
· Minimum 2 year of experience in community or specialty clinic; experience hospital setting an asset
BENEFITS: The Research Program offers a basic benefits package if it goes perm
Please include in your letter of submission:
· Curriculum Vitae
· Experience and interests
Related keywords: medical office assistant, administrative assistant, receptionist
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
#73 - Best Buy Canada - Growing a Career Through Unexpected Opportunities
About Expert Recruiters
Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style of staffing experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you'll recognize that Expert Recruiters provi...Read More