We are looking for an energetic and motivated, certified Medial Office Assistant (MOA) to join our clinic in Vancouver, BC. Successful candidates will be responsible for routine administrative tasks to ensure an efficiently operated patient centered clinic.
- Completion of a recognized MOA certified program/diploma
- A Team Player
- Professional demeanor, excellent communication skills, and a great attitude
- Detail oriented and Highly organized
- Experience with an EMR system and Billing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of medical clinic operations
- High tolerance for fast-paced environments
Successful candidates will be working alongside physicians and other health care providers to provide clerical duties as well as clinical assistance for certain procedures.
- Administrative duties - answer calls and greet patients in a helpful, respectful and efficient manner, update and file patients' medical records, file out insurance forms, handle correspondence, schedule appointments, arrange for hospital admission and laboratory services. Also maintain electronic medical record, including the patient chart. Perform tasks (including linking, uploading, and referrals) in support of patient care.
- Lab Duties - include collecting and preparing laboratory specimens or perform basic laboratory tests on the premises, dispose of contaminated supplies, and sterilize medical instruments.
- Patient Care duties – Coordinate patient care through the clinic: checking in, prepping, escorting to exam rooms, preparing exam or treatment rooms, answering questions, providing post-appointment service, monitoring the waiting room
- General duties – Ensure to keep patient information confidential and secure at all times. Perform all other related clinical, administrative tasks or special tasks as required by clinic management.
Part-time hours: 25-35 per week
Expected Start Date: Immediately