Job Title Medial Office Assistant OAT Clinic
Facility: Alouette Addictions Services Society
#106 22838 Lougheed Hwy
Maple Ridge, BC V2X 2V6
Classification: .6 FTE Regular Part Time
Hours/Shifts: 22.5 hours/ week
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (PossibleAdditional hours)
Compensation: $18.50/hr & Full benefits after completion of
Reports to: Office/OAT Manager
Posting Date: August 7, 2020
Closing Date: Until filled
Purpose of the position
The Medical Office Assistant (MOA) reports to the Office/OAT Manager. The MOA and is responsible for support services to the physicians working at the Opioid Replacement Therapy Clinic at Alouette Addictions.
The MOA is responsible for:
- Greeting prospective and existing patients and community resource professionals.
- Establish and maintain professional, respectful and non-judgmental interactions
- Assist clients with process/understanding and access of services
- Assess and relay telephone messages, notify physicians of client arrivals
- Maintain records of intake/information/referrals/ and all statistical forms
- Provide administrative/secretarial support with correspondence, reports, faxing, scanning, community questionnaires, etc.
- Maintain patient data base
- Adhere to confidentiality agreements
- Manage methadone clinic overseeing doctor schedules, patient appointments, and point of care testing
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Medical Office Assistant
- Completion of Secondary School and Medical Office Assistant Certificate
- Knowledge of EMR system and keep EMR records of all communications to and from clients
- Experience preferred but not required
- Ability to deal with clients in a professional, empathetic manner, both in person and over the phone
- Ability to handle high stress crisis calls in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team in a co-operative , supportive and congenial manner. Ability to multi-task. Ability to take initiative and be flexible
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer skills, database management, e-mail and internet.
- Must be flexible with hours & available Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Position starts at 22.5 hrs/wk with potential increased hours.
- Posting Date: August 7, 2020
- Closed: Until Filled
Please submit resume to Karen Silva @ email@example.com before the closing date. We appreciate & thank everyone who applies, but only those short listed will be contacted.