Under general supervision, the Medical Laboratory Technologist performs technical work involved in the duties associated with laboratory test procedures. As well, the Medical Laboratory Technologist evaluates and verifies results, and prepares related reports. In this role, you will:
- Obtain laboratory samples from patients as required.
- Perform Laboratory procedures and analyze results according to established policies.
- Prepare a variety of solutions, reagents, standards and controls for use in analysis, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Respond to requests and inquiries for test results by various methods as required by the standard operating procedures.
- Communicate test results to the appropriate parties, including designated members of other health teams, by methods such as printing and distributing lab results in accordance with the established procedures of the designated area.
You have demonstrated:
- Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One (1) year recent related experience in the designated discipline within the last six years, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If this sounds like you, apply today! About Us Lower Mainland Laboratories
- Recent working knowledge of the assigned section or sections.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures, and technical competence to perform tests used in the assigned section of the laboratory, including quality control and safety.
- Basic awareness of research process.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care using point of care instrumentation.
- Ability to operate related equipment and software, including techniques appropriate to the designated area of the laboratory.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
, responsible for providing public laboratory services throughout the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Hospital-based laboratories in Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, Providence Health Care and PHSA provide both inpatient and outpatient laboratory services. These specialty laboratories provide a variety of reference and specialized testing.
LM Labs is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
, which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
- Temporary, Part-Time (0.60 FTE until August 2020)
- Wage: $29.70 to $37.04 per hour
- Various days; various hours
- 4380 Lorimer Road, Whistler, BC
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will expire on September 19, 2019.
If the posting date has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 87756-2331756 Work Site 4380 Lormier Road, Whistler Job Type Temporary, Part-Time Temporary Duration 12 Months Salary/Rate $29.70 - $37.04 / Hour FTE .60 Hours of Work variable, as per schedule Work Days as per schedule Expiry Date 22-Jan-2020