Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, performs laboratory procedures related to the diagnosis of disease and the control of therapy as required by the medical staff for the treatment of patients. In this role, you will:
- Obtains blood samples to perform required laboratory tests. Performs technical and analytical procedures on the emergency list using established methods and equipment to generate patient results as required.
- Distinguishes between normal and abnormal results and notifies the appropriate pathologist according to established laboratory procedures.
- Ensures proper function of equipment by testing and monitoring its operation. Troubleshoots equipment problems, makes repairs as appropriate, makes decisions to use alternate equipment if available. Reports equipment problems to appropriate Section Head.
- Sets priorities for the work requested. Maintains quality control records for work performed on the night shift. Participates in the maintenance and evaluation of the Quality Management program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) Certified.
- One year general laboratory experience at the post graduate level; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If this sounds like you, apply now! About Us Lower Mainland Laboratories
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work and work without supervision.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform duties of the position.
is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
, responsible for providing public laboratory services throughout the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Hospital-based laboratories in Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, Providence Health Care and PHSA provide both inpatient and outpatient laboratory services. These specialty laboratories provide a variety of reference and specialized testing.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
- Casual Opportunities
- Wage: $29.70 to $37.04 per hour
- Rotating, Rotating
- 38140 Behrner Dr, Squamish, BC V8B 0J3
Labor Agreement Requisition # MLT_SGH-2324080 Work Site Job Type Casual, Part-Time Salary/Rate $29.70 - $37.04 / Hour FTE Hours of Work Work Days Expiry Date