Medical Laboratory Technologist II
Virology, St. Paul's Hospital, LM Labs, Vancouver, $30.82 to $38.45 per hour What you'll do
What you bring
- Participate in day-to-day activities in Virology by testing clinical and other specimens using a variety of methods and evaluating and verifying results according to established procedures.
- Detect and identify infectious agents using methods such as fluorescent microscopy, rapid immunoassays and cell cultures or by molecular DNA techniques, including PCR to identify nucleic acid sequences.
- Evaluate and verify results including analysing, reading and interpreting the results as required in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform serological and other tests on specimens.
- Prepare stock solutions and reagents following standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrate laboratory procedures and routines to new staff, residents, students and fellows and answers questions about technical processes in the work area.
What's in it for you
- Certification with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- Graduation from a recognized program in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- One (1) year recent, related experience in the relevant laboratory discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $30.82 to $38.45 per hour
1081 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotating Days; 0700-1500, 0800-1600, 0900-1700
Requisition Number: 92278 What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 5, 2020
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 92278-2337870 Work Site 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver Job Type Regular, Full-Time Salary/Rate $30.82 - $38.45 / Hour FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 0700-1500, 0800-1600, 0900-1700 Work Days Rotating Expiry Date 24-Apr-2020