Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Medical Laboratory Technologist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Laboratory department. ** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Technologist, obtains and prepares specimens for routine analysis. Performs various routine Hematological, Microbiological, Biochemical and Immunohematological testing in accordance with Departmental Procedures. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings - 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 09:30 to 17:30, 15:00 to 23:00, rotating Prince Rupert Regional Hospital
is the largest hospital in northwest BC with 27 acute care beds. They offer emergency services, ultrasound, CT scans, surgery, extended care, pediatrics, radiology, and obstetrics. Additional services such as diabetes education, health heart and rehabilitation, podiatry, orthopedics and other visiting specialists. Prince Rupert
is a coastal port city with a population of 12,220 (2021). It is nestled into a mountain and surrounded by the Great Bear Rainforest. See rare wildlife, explore our rugged landscapes, and experience world-class fishing adventures you won't find anywhere else. Check out more on Prince Rupert , known as the halibut capital of the world.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Graduate of an approved school of Medical Laboratory Technology and current Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science registration.
• One (1) year recent related experience.
• Experience in all the above disciplines preferred.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with other effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Health Care Other