Medical Laboratory Technologist Clinical Chemistry, BC Children's and BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre, LM Labs, $29.70 to $37.04 per hour What you'll do
What you bring
- Participate in day-to-day work activities by performing manual and automated procedures in the assigned work area. Notify the supervisor of any malfunctions, abnormal results and other irregularities. Evaluate and verify results and takes follow up action of any unexpected results according to established procedures. Enter analytical data into the Laboratory Information System.
- Respond to requests and inquiries for tests. Seek direction as required from the Supervisor, Assistant Head Technologist or Head Technologist as appropriate.
- Perform all related functions required for the production of final reports such as preparing, testing and assessing quality control results prior to the release of clinical results, troubleshoot sample adequacy and prepare dilutions as required according to established procedures.
- Set up, calibrate, and operate laboratory equipment. Perform and document maintenance of laboratory equipment as scheduled. Recognize and report malfunctions in equipment.
- Participate in quality assurance programs through methods such as gathering data on turn around times (TAT) for test procedures, and monitoring performance and quality indicators. Report occurrences according to policy and procedures.
What's in it for you
- Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One (1) year recent related experience in the designated discipline within the last six years, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary, Full-Time (until November 2020)
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $29.70 to $37.04 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Until position is filled
Monday to Friday; 7.5 hour shifts between 1500 - 2400 hrs
Requisition Number: 89852 What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 28, 2019
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 89852-2334205 Work Site 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver Job Type Temporary, Full-Time Temporary Duration 12 Months Salary/Rate $29.70 - $37.04 / Hour FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 7.5 hour shifts between 1500 - 2400 hrs Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 17-Dec-2019