21218 Position Type:
Prince George,BC, Canada Location:
Northwood Pulp (BC18) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. Mechanical Supervisor- Pulp The Opportunity:
Canfor has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Supervisor with our Maintenance team. As the Mechanical Supervisor you will apply your knowledge of pulp mill processes/equipment and mechanical trades while supervising multi-trade crews engaged in maintenance and project work.The Role:
Here are the abilities you possess and role expectations:
- At Canfor, Safety comes first. Safety must mean a lot to you and you must create a high level of awareness in the pulp mill environment. This includes compliance with all occupational health, industrial and safety policies.
- Working with your area Maintenance Supervisor, in this role, you will be responsible for planning and scheduling optimization of operational equipment to ensure most uptime for mill equipment.
- You promote a safe work environment and ensure safety work orders are met by team members
- You will work within the Natural work team to review work requests daily, and within this team, execute planned work, as well as organize any emergency repairs
- You have exceptional skills to prepare, plan, and schedule maintenance on operational equipment including scheduling of personnel
- You are responsible for planning major maintenance outages
- You have the ability to research required equipment for maintenance repair, working closely with the mill buyer
- You have knowledge of maintenance management systems and use them to assist in coordination of work orders
- You will support Canfor Pulp's business goals and KPIs
- You will identify and recommend preventative measures to be implemented that is cost-effective within the pulp mill
- You continually meet deadlines with quality and timely results
- You will work closely with Planners from different departments allowing you to share best practices and techniques as well as have opportunities for peer coaching
- You are the liaison and point of contact for outside contractors
- Post-secondary education in a technical field or a trade qualification, preferably in mechanical trades
- 3 - 5 years of maintenance planning and scheduling experience, preferably in a pulp mill environment
- Pulp mill process and equipment knowledge along with experience with maintenance management systems, specifically Synergen
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and computers - Microsoft Project is an asset
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Maintenance, Manager, Social Media, Manufacturing, Management, Marketing
Maintenance and Technicians