West Fraser Quesnel River Pulp
Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization, and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE PLANNER
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the primary responsibility of the Maintenance Planner is to optimize the use of the Maintenance workforce through estimation, planning, scheduling, and coordination of preventative and corrective maintenance work. Success in this role requires great organizational skills, alignment with company values, a collaborative leadership style, and a personal commitment to safety.Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Lead shutdown and routine work order planning and scheduling functions as required to maintain reliable equipment operation
- Coordinating contract services for weekly routine and shutdown work.
- Develop and update detailed weekly & shutdown schedules
- Estimate work orders and projects for material, workforce, tools, and equipment requirements staying in partnership with Engineering, Electrical & Instrumentation
- Facilitate the Planning and Scheduling work team’s weekly planning meetings
- Coordinate scheduled jobs into weekly schedules according to workforce, materials, tools, equipment, and work packages for all scheduled jobs to the maintenance supervisor.
- Maintain a daily focus on the safety of self and others. Ensure that all safety training is accurate and up to date. Attend and participate in area safety team meetings.
- Use Maximo maintenance management tool to create job plans, preventive maintenance plans, bill of materials, and document work history while following the work execution management code of practice. (WEM)
- Applying and expanding new technology and industry learning toward the work of equipment and process reliability improvement
- Lead and supervise a group of mechanics to maintain all equipment in the absence of the current supervisor (when required)
- Improve/maintain Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Repair job plans based on feedback provided by the tradespersons
- Manage the maintenance backlog by leading review meetings, reviewing new work orders to ensure there is enough information to proceed with planning, working with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator to prioritize the backlog
- Work with Stores / Purchasing to maintain inventory/inventory levels & rebuild equipment
- Assist in developing Key Performance Indicators to drive process improvement
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- A valid Red Seal trade certificate or bachelor’s in applied science/Engineering
- Five years of experience in either a pulp mill or heavy industrial setting is preferred
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of computer software and applications, with a preference given to a candidate with Maximo, MS Excel, and Word.
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- The candidate must be able to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser values of integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness, and respect
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus opportunity
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, pension, life insurance, disability, accident insurance, vacation, and holidays
- The annual salary range for this position is usually between $ 103,200 and $ 116,100, depending on skills and experience.
QRP offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, and endless recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.About West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE and recognized for the tenth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people, and strength in products.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe.
West Fraser continues to invest in our manufacturing facilities to ensure they are modern and competitive. We have a sustainable forestry practice and continue to innovate our processes and diversify our products, including investing in bioenergy.
We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive and diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that reflect the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at https://www.westfraser.com/careers and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants, click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca
Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people, and strength in products.We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians