Mechanical Engineering Technologist or Design Engineer: Harvey 2034
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technologist or Design Engineer, with Hydraulic Design working experience. Our company is located in Langley, BC., and we are a vertically integrated service centre for capital drilling equipment. We specialize in engineering, design, and manufacturing of our own feed systems, and hydraulic drifters, for surface, and underground drilling.
Design and develop new products. and improve existing equipment. This is all done from 3D modeling, to drawing creation and production implementation, which is based on customer feedback, sales requirements, and industry knowledge. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects.
- Design and develop new products, from 3D modeling, to drawing creation, and production implementation.
- Carry out design for manufacturability of parts and components.
- Carry out design changes and modifications to parts and hydraulic systems as required.
- Apply sound engineering knowledge with aesthetics to design products which look as good as they function.
- Source suppliers for production processes and facilitate product problem resolution, when necessary.
- Partner with the management team to meet project timing and cost targets.
- Meet as required with Sales, Marketing, Production, Quality and other departments to communicate project status and solicit feedback.
- Ensure completeness of production qualification, including testing and manufacturing capability verification.
- Carry out physical testing of parts, both in the field and in the test shop.
- Design and carry out design changes and modifications to new and existing parts, jigs, fixtures and tools as required.
- Work with management team on vendor sourcing, selecting, and contract negotiations.
- Preparation of manufacturing documentation required for product manufacture.
- Travel as required to meet with vendors and customers and other company sites.
- Degree of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Strong aptitude of hydraulic mechanical systems.
- 3+ years of industrial product development.
- 3+ years advanced CAD skills and modeling experience required, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- Proven experience with taking a product from concept to detailed design and into production.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills required
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently an asset.
This is a Fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package available