1 - POSITION DETAILS:
Position Title: Mechanical Designer
Reports to: William Steeves – Vice President
Contract Type: Full Time
Positions available: Two (2)
Salary: 33.65 per hour based on a 40 hours work week.
Benefits: Extended Medical, Dental and Disability.
2 - ROLE PURPOSE:
Sterling Cooper (a division of Norman, Disney and Young) located at 608 - 1166 Alberni Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6E-3Z3 is seeking two (2) qualified Mechanical Engineers for our Vancouver office.
Our Vancouver office operates as part of the NDY Vancouver team that provides reporting, support and analysis to drive successful project outcomes, reduce risks, ensure adherence to policy & codes, and enable successful delivery of projects.
The role requires design experience capabilities to work alongside the existing NDY team. Building in sustainable relationships with clients through successful project delivery will be critical for representing the NDY brand. The role and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1) Preparing drawings and reports and coordinating mechanical specifications with senior management;
2) Resource planning;
3) Conducting process improvement analysis as it relates to the operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems;
4) Providing regular reviews on projects to evaluate clients’ expectations;
5) Plan and coordinate projects through the determination of material, cost and timing estimates and design specifications for machinery and systems as per the company's policies and objectives;
6) Reporting to senior managers on the status of various projects and working closely with Mechanical Technicians and Technologists to with respect to drawings and project specifications.
· Support proposal pricing and effective client pipeline reporting with the Project Manager.
· Support effective resourcing decisions
· Support cost control and risk mitigation strategies
· Identification of continuous improvement opportunities
· Ensure deadlines in relation to project timelines are met.
· Liaise with project leaders to support all aspects of project delivery.
· Perform work safely and complete tasks on time, on budget and in accordance with expectations;
· Encourage/model behaviour consistent with NDY values; with strong lead by example ethic;
· Constructively question, debate and review with leaders and peers;
· Initiate performance reviews and development plan conversations with your manager; and
· Develop career goals and initiate career conversations with your one-up manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Key: essential (e), desirable (d), preferred (p), considered (c)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (e)
Experience & Knowledge
· 1-2 years buildings engineering experience (e)
· Experienced in excel-modelling, macros and spreadsheet data manipulation (p)
· Understanding of Engineering Standards, particularly BC Building Code, ASHRAE, LEED, etc. (e)
Skills & Attributes
· A self-starter with proven problem solving and analytical skills is essential
· Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build solid relationships and good customer focus
· Able to question and improve on the status quo, through review, analysis and recommendation
· Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment
· Resilient and persistent; takes pride in and completes tasks
· Committed to customer service and delivering quality outcomes
· Understands project management principals
· Approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner
· Predominately detailed-focused on a day-to-day basis, but comfortable with thinking big picture
· Calm and productive when under pressure from deadlines
· Able to explain engineering information in laymen terms
The successful candidate will demonstrate having a good customer focus, and ability to work closely with business operations.
To apply: Please send a complete detailed Curriculum Vitae by email to the attention of Ms. Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Connect with employer:
About NDY Group
We are a leading firm of consulting engineers with a global presence. We set ourselves apart by our ability to deliver highly innovative and tailored solutions for clients in a wide range of market...