We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with a passion for product development to join our team
At First Light Technologies, we're on a mission to change the way the world does outdoor lighting, making it easier, more resilient, and less impactful on the environment. As a fast-growing, award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar-powered outdoor lighting products, we work with customers globally to make a positive impact. Our products have already helped to reduce emissions by the equivalent of driving over 30 million kilometers in a car. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that designs and manufactures innovative lighting products for residential and commercial markets. Our mission is to provide our customers with the best lighting solutions that exceed their expectations.Position Overview:
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with a passion for product development to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing new lighting products from the conceptual phase through to manufacturing. You will also have the opportunity to refine our existing products, improving their performance and manufacturability. Responsibilities:
- Develop the mechanical architecture and detailed designs of new lighting products.
- Create and revise designs of mechanical parts using Solidworks.
- Perform simulations to optimize the structure of our products.
- Create and revise engineering drawings using Solidworks.
- Specify and integrate LEDs and optics into products.
- Use lighting layout software to optimize product design.
- Develop and execute product test plans.
- Conduct tests of mechanical, optical, and electrical components and assemblies.
- Other duties as required. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Three to five years of product design experience.
- Proven skills creating parts and drawings in Solidworks.
- Experience using Solidworks Simulation software.
- Experience developing and executing product tests.
- Solid working knowledge of physics and engineering principles.
- Solid understanding of material science.
- Solid understanding of design for manufacturability principles.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and creative abilities.
- Hands-on skills with basic shop tools.
- Understanding of basic electronics.
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and opportunities for growth and development. If you are a self-motivated individual who is passionate about product design and looking for an exciting challenge, we encourage you to apply today. To Apply: send cover letter and resume to HR@firstlighttechnolgies.com Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level
Manufacturing and Production