Your future career opportunity
2020 is set to be an exciting year at Seaspan's Vancouver Shipyards, based in North Vancouver BC, as we commence full rate construction of the Royal Canadian Navy's 174m long Joint Support Ship (JSS). We are expanding our Mechanical trade team and we are currently keen to speak with Millwrights / Heavy Duty Mechanics / Mechanics about this exciting opportunity.
As a Mechanic, you will perform a variety of tasks throughout the production process, while upholding Seaspan's Core Values of Safety, Care and Efficiency. You will have an opportunity to develop new skills including specialized techniques specific to the shipbuilding industry that use some of the most state-of-the-art shipbuilding equipment and processes in the world.
If you are interested in being part of the regeneration of the Canadian shipbuilding industry and win steady well-paid work spanning the coming decade, then please send us your application today! All candidates must show proof of:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Millwright, Mechanic or Heavy-Duty Mechanic Certificate of Qualification with Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement; or a Recognized Equivalent Provincial Trades Qualification; or a Recognized Equivalent International Trade Qualification
- Minimum of 30 Months Documented Mechanical Experience
On offer to you:
- Shipbuilding experience in a new construction shipyard preferred
- Comprehend and follow written and spoken directions and work in a safe & efficient manner
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in the English language
- Ability to work in a team environment or individually with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Demonstrates proficiency with alignment, rigging, layout and a variety of hand tooling
- Must be able to work in a construction environment involving confined spaces, working at heights, physical labour, and various weather conditions
- Must be able to be qualified to wear a respirator
Seaspan is a progressive employer with a collaborative culture that supports health, safety, and diversity. Dispatch for this position will be managed through the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers - Local 692 and union membership will be required upon hire. Together we can provide you with a rewarding and challenging long-term career building state-of-the-art ships, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in future opportunities, please apply online today.Disclaimers:
By applying, you agree that Seaspan may share your resume with our Union partner, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers - Local 692
If you are experiencing technical issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org
with a copy of your resume.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades