Join First Transit Canada as a Mechanic or Apprentice Mechanic
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Red Seal Commercial Transport, Heavy Duty, Automotive or Apprentice Mechanic.
Successful candidate will be joining a great team working on newer fleet of BCTransit CNG buses in a modern clean BCTransit facility. First Transit offers competitive wages, excellent benefit package, monthly tool allowance and tool replacement program.First Transit is proud to offer:
- We offer compressed shifts with 3 days off, monthly tool allowance and tool replacement program
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plans and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing online & in person training
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
Mechanic or Apprentice Qualifications:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmissions and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to First Transit standards, policies and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Apply today to join our team!
- Preference given to Red Seal Mechanic in Commercial Transport, Heavy Duty or Automotive trade
- Apprentice applicants require completion of pre-apprentice coarse in Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty
- Valid class 5 driver's license required with the ability to obtain air endorsement with in 3 months of hire
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Adhere to provincial CVSE standards and Federal Motor Vehicle Act
- Ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Construction, Mining and Trades Maintenance and Technicians