Closing Date: August 8, 2022
Reporting to the Planning Supervisor, the Materials Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of resources for maintenance activities within the Greenhills Maintenance Department. This position combines the responsibilities for materials coordination and documentation improvements to ensure resources are available to support the execution of all maintenance activities. Close collaboration with the Planning, Scheduling, Execution, and Materials groups will be required to drive continuous improvements.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Someone who is self-motivated, has strong problem-solving skills, and is detail oriented, with a passion for continuous improvement. This role requires a high level of integrity and an ability know your audience; thus, communication and interpersonal skills are vital.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Validate the delivery status of all material scheduled and provide mitigating actions for issues
- Complete IARs for new items, parts description changes to inventory stocking levels
- Order special tools or equipment and coordinate part requirements with purchasing, planning, and execution
- Manage warranty claims, including submission of claims and management of the pending claim backlog for the site
- Assist with material management of cores and parts returns, shipping requirements, and material issues
- Assist crews with break-in work orders, parts sourcing, and availability
- Aid in the organization, storage and tracking of parts & tooling
- Ensure prioritized work is kitted and staged for maintenance execution
- Participate and contribute to various maintenance work management meetings as assigned
- Assist during continuous improvement initiatives and implement and develop standard methodologies
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- A journeyperson's ticket or post-secondary degree in a related technical discipline is an asset
- Experience in materials management or warehousing
- Strong digital literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite® and computer maintenance management software
- Experience with materials acquisition, planning and scheduling in a maintenance environment is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Claims, Mining, Insurance
Construction, Mining and Trades