Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. Global success is achieved through a consistent on time delivery of the right product in all faucets of the business. As a means of diversifying and managing the flow of timber to the various operations located in the interior of the province, re-introduction of the custom built, 360’ long, log transporter will be used to move timber ten months a year from various locations on Williston Lake to the docking station located near Mackenzie, B.C.
Reporting to the Master, the Mate is responsible for the following duties:
- Navigate the vessel in a manner that ensures the safety of the crew, boat, and cargo;
- Assume responsibility of the ship when relieving ship’s Master;
- Supervision of crew tasks;
- Oversee implementation of loading and unloading practices and procedures including log inventory processes;
- Participate in fueling vessel;
- Conduct vessel safety reviews and inspections;
- Assist in crew training and emergency response drills;
- Head fire response team;
- Assist in data log entry
- Valid certification and experience required under the Marine Personnel Regulation (Mate 132-134, 137 Certified);
- Possess/acquire required MED/STCW training;
- Possess/acquire Transport Canada’s Medical Examination Certificate;
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
Schedule of operations is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off operating 10 months of year with anticipated non-operating months occurring in April-May.
Applicants are requested to include verification of 12 months of working on a marine vessel within the past 5 years.The hourly wage for this position is $37.28 and offers a competitive benefits package with medical, dental, pension, RRSP plans, paid vacation and more.Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!Mackenzie, BC
"The sky’s the limit" is the district’s tagline, and it couldn’t be more fitting. Mackenzie is home to the world’s seventh largest reservoir, Williston Lake, and the World’s Largest Tree Crusher. Once you’re in Mackenzie, you’ll want to go hiking at Morfee Mountain- once you’re at the top, you’ll witness the most incredible scenery that highlights the beauty of BC.
For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/mackenzie-bc