This position is responsible for planning at the S&OP level, aligning demand with capacity for an international high precision manufacturing firm. This position oversees and optimizes the complete flow of material and information, starting with the establishment of an achievable production plan that can realize the sales budget, and ending with the monitoring of delivery performance toward the customer. Every intermediate step is evaluated, bottlenecks are identified, and the process is modified where needed. This position links all functions including (program management, procurement, logistics, planning, production, maintenance, store & sales). Ultimately this will result in the optimal compromise between two conflicting goals: maximizing customer satisfaction and minimizing WIP & stock levels.
- 1. Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP) Coordination
Coordinate and guide the monthly site S&OP process in order to ensure overall capacity to support the customer demand.
- Prepare and guide the monthly site S&OP process with all involved parties
- Monthly review of customer demand changes
- Monthly review of the production plans and internal capacity with operations.
- Assist the S&OP manager with the preparation of the corporate S&OP process, and provide all site S&OP input to the corporate level on a monthly basis as required
- 2. Master Production Scheduling
Create an achievable Master Production Schedule, with checked and verified capacity (mh / mach h / material)
- Detail level: production line à workcenter
- Time horizon: 1month à 1year
- Runs/checks Rough Cut Capacity, identifies and highlights capacity issues
- On a regular basis monitors corrective actions that have been defined by production (and agreed by the Master Production Scheduler), resolving the identified conflict
- Aligns & coordinates – production plan synchronization
- Determines production rates to create flow
- Determines manufacturing lot sizes and aligns with material order quantities
- 3. MRP Data Accuracy
Ensures the coherence, correctness, and maintenance of master data (Process lead times, run times, lot sizes…) to ensure the reliability and feasibility of Workcenter Schedules.
- Compares actual standard data with reality, resolves conflicts, and co-ordinates implementation of corrective actions.
- Supports Production scheduling
- 4. Training
Train and coach the Production Schedulers and optimize the cooperation between program management, operations, and supply chain.
- 5. Delivery Performance
Monitors flow to ensure delivery performance toward our customers – Operational Metrics
- Monitors flow of all operational processes (e.g. machining operations, surface treatments, warehouse transactions, certification process, …)
- Modifies the process where necessary in collaboration with the appropriate coworkers or contacts
- Monitors deviations from normal production flow (parts in rework, quality issues, slow-moving inventory…)
- Defines, publishes and analyzes the Production Schedule related indicators (Metrics)
- Monitors “Production-Logistics-Subcontracting” progress
- Liaises with Logistics, Scheduling, and Production
- 6. Co-ordinates Recovery Plans
- Performs Master Production Schedule alignment
- Monitors and reports issues related to aircraft coverage
- Acts as the SPOC for program management and communicates with the customer on recovery plans.
- 7. Improvement / Project Work
Support operating units on planning related improvement projects in order to improve flow and to ensure the link between MPS and daily execution of the plan.
- Participate in continuous improvement workshops
- Identify and execute lead time improvement actions and projects
- Monitor production plan adherence and define corrective actions in cooperation with the operating unit
- 8. Financial
Support the financial department with production related information
- Consolidate corporate production volume, machining hours & headcount
- Assist the financial controllers during budget exercises
Profile, Know How, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Operations Management (or other related field)
- APICS certification is considered an asset
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience, including at least two years in a manufacturing/planning environment
- Advanced Excel skills and experience using ERP systems, with preference for experience with Epicor or Infor ERP packages
- Full working knowledge of master scheduling or scheduling experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple issues at one time
- Must possess the ability to plan and organize complex activities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Works well across all business functions
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your application and note that we only accept candidates that are currently legally eligble to work in Canada.
Manufacturing and Production Operations and Logistics