Kal Tire is Canada's largest independent tire dealer and one of North America's largest commercial tire dealers with over 260 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition Kal Tire's Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
The Marketing Coordinator- Local Store Marketing
is a detailed oriented, hands-on role, responsible for supporting Kal Tire stores with local marketing & grassroots community involvement. This role works closely with the marketing team & other departments (specifically CSR & Store Operations) to support the creation and implementation of local marketing plans to strengthen Kal Tire's brand presence in local communities across Canada.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing Program Coordination - New Stores & Priority Stores
- Coordinate research, planning and implementation of marketing plans for all new Kal Tire store openings.
- Support tactics & execution of local marketing plans for a group of 10-15 priority stores per year.
- Collaborate closely with Zone Managers & Store Managers to ensure effective store-level execution of local marketing programs and campaigns.
Local Store Marketing - Programs, Resources & Store Support
- Support the development and implementation of local store marketing tools and resources for direct use by Store Managers.
- Continually monitor LSM best practices from the field and translate them into chain-wide LSM resources where applicable.
- Act as a key liaison and primary point of contact for stores seeking information and guidance on local marketing efforts.
Community Engagement & CSR
- Represent the marketing department on key CSR committees and project teams.
- Support planning and execution of special events/grand opening ceremonies related to major charity investments to maximize publicity and exposure.
- In conjunction with the CSR department, actively participate in the development and implementation of new CSR programs to maximize brand impact.
- Plan, produce and distribute all seasonal merchandising materials for retail showrooms.
- Manage process to ensure store compliance with zone based merchandising plans; follow up with Regional Directors and Zone Managers as necessary.
- Measure performance of Merchandising programs and make recommendations for improvement.
Branded Merchandise Management
- Responsible for the relationship between our promotion product supplier and the Marketing department for the selection of product for distribution to our teams. Also manage one-off product requests with our promotional company.
- Collect feedback from store operations to ensure high levels of product quality and service levels are maintained.
- Manage a small warehouse of promotional items at the Vernon Office.
Marketing Department Support
- Facilitate deployment of internal communications for other members of the retail marketing team.
- Provide support to national & regional marketing programs as needed.
- Participate & present LSM updates at relevant marketing meetings.
- Other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 2-3 years of marketing experience, preferably within a retail environment.
- Strong working knowledge of marketing principles & a passion for the work.
- Strong organizational skills to keep projects moving and deliverables on time.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple (often competing) deadlines.
- Comfortable working independently and making decisions.
- Impactful communicator with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal & external stakeholders.
- Resourceful and results-oriented
- Ability to incorporate feedback and key learnings from various projects and make recommendations for improvement.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some travel is required.
- Overtime as required to support marketing activations and special events
HOW TO APPLY
- Experience with Photoshop or other similar programs an asset.
Start your journey at Kal Tire by contacting our Vernon Office Recruitment Team or by clicking Apply below!
Sales and Marketing